45 - People from State of Shu

Hello there! I'm back! 
But beware of major mistakes. 

Waiting in the main tent, tapping on the armchair, Wu Zhang Wei with Huang Fei Hong and Commander Junjie are waiting for the spy that they planted in the enemy's camp.

About an hour since the promised meeting time has passed but the awaited man still didn't show up.

Commander Junjie is sweating a bucket when he saw the veins popping out on Wu Zhang Wei's forehead. Before this, the spy always on time but when the emperor is already here, things didn't go the way they want.

Zhang Wei was about to say something to Junjie but the sound of footsteps heading towards their tent stops him.

Then a guy wearing the black and red armor, which is the State of Shu's army's outfit, enters the tent.

He immediately kneels and folds his hand to the front. "Greetings, Your Majesty. Pardon this servant for being late. Those people from the State of Shu started to find it weird for me being missing at the same time and day every week so I had to delay my departure."

Wu Zhang Wei nods twice, understood. "Alright. Rise."

As the man rise, Wu Zhang Wei asked, "So you are... "

The man bows again and his lips slightly curved when the emperor asking for his name. "This servant name Xu Hou, Your Majesty."

"So Xu Hou, what did you find out?" Wu Zhang Wei asked straight to the point.

Xu Hou straightens his body, the faint smile disappears and his face turns serious. "I tried to mingle around them to dig any information that they might know. But seems like lower position or no rank soldiers were not informed why they were sent there. Their captain just told them that Wu Empire smuggling their people so they need to teach us a lesson. I thought they won't know much so I did a little bit of contribution so they'll promote me to a higher rank. And my assumption was right. The higher the rank, the more they know. The lower rank soldiers were manipulated by their commander. They blindly followed orders from their superiors."

Xu Hou takes a breather before continues, "When I was patrolling around the base camp, I heard their commander was talking to one of the team leaders. He said that the people who brought children and women from the State of Shu originally come from Wu Empire."

"But seems like they're just taking orders from someone else too. The children and the women who were caught by them are usually orphans, poor unmarried girls who lived alone, young divorcee. Individuals that no one will notice if they went missing. That's why, even when they're gone, no one will make a report on their missing."

Wu Zhang Wei rubs his chin, "Do you have any idea what kind of negotiations they try to make with us? Zhen means, what they actually want from us?"

"From what I heard, they're most likely want to build a base or pavilion in our capital so they could easily do business in the capital. They also want to do some trading for herbs, teas and medical supplies."

Wu Zhang Wei immediately frowns. "Medical supplies? Zhen can understand if it's herbs and teas because our country has the largest herbs and teas farm but medical supplies...? What makes them wanna trade medical supplies from us?"

Xu Hou's lids tremble, his palms sweating. He lowers his head. Stuttering, he said, "The news of H-Her Majesty, Em-Empress Li Xiu Ying cured the Crown Prince of Yang Empire, Prince Yang Lijun was spread all over the country. When Her Majesty was enthroned as the empress, Her Majesty was known as "The-One-Who-Cure-Prince-Yang". Everyone knows that Prince Yang got the diseases which was no imperial physician could find the cure, so when Her Majesty did it, people started to believe that Her Majesty was a Godsend healer and they thought our country got every cure for any diseases. That's why...."