56 - South Empire X State of Shu

Sorry for late update. Some of u might already know, a few days ago my uncle passed away so some stuffs need to be taken care of.

Chapter 58 is available now on Patron. Be my Patreon to enjoy early update.

Meanwhile, the emperor of the State of Shu also received a letter saying that the South Empire will help the Wu Empire to destroy the State of Shu in return for taking away the empress.

They didn't know how Wu Empire doted on his empress so they thought losing an empress is not a big deal for an emperor which usually has hundreds of concubines and consorts in his imperial harem. Therefore, they take it seriously the words in the letter.

...............

The next day, Yu Zhougong asks half of the soldiers to be prepared to march to the State of Shu. In estimation, South Empire has around 230,000 soldiers. South Empire also had a huge navy of thousands of ships. 

Yu Zhougong plans to use the ships to transport his troops across the Yangtze River. He is confident in the naval force so he took around 10,000 of them on the ship, sail to the State of Shu. 10,000 calvaries and 20,000 infantries. 

Yu Zhougong didn't feel worried even if Wu Empire suddenly attack them as Wu Empire still outnumbered thousands of soldiers. But, never they knew, even though Wu Empire is lost in number but they got the Great General who is also the best military strategist. 

The decision made by Yu Zhougong to attack the State of Shu was disagreed by most of the royal court. They already conveyed their opinion and said that it is better to discuss first instead of attacking directly. This action could cause destruction to their empire. 

However, their words were blatantly ignored by Yu Zhougong. Most of the ministers couldn't even ask for help from their young emperor. The military forces, the court and another half of the royal court members sided with Yu Zhougong. 

The young emperor is just a 'puppet-emperor'. His only function is to hold onto the imperial seal but every single decision was made by the regent. 

Yu Zhougong met with the young emperor and asked permission from him to launch a war against the State of Shu. He also said that this is a good chance to conquer that country. 

The so-called 'asking permission' was just an act to show that Yu Zhougong still has respect towards the real monarch of the South Empire and to avoid getting more hate from the royal court members and also the citizen. 

Yu Zhougong didn't go to the State of Shu personally but sending Zhang Yun as the commander for land forces and Cai Mao as the commander for naval forces. He didn't think that defeating an underdeveloped country is going to be that hard. He puts his trust in his men and prefers to wait for Wu Empire. 

The battle with Wu Empire is what he has been waiting for all these times. For him, the more soldiers he has, the brighter chances he got in taking in Wu Empire under the reign of the South Empire. 

But the moment that even more can't wait is when he captured Wu Empire's emperor and keep him alive so he could watch with his own eyes when his empress is marrying him. Whether the emperor loves his empress or not, it still gonna be an insult for Wu Empire's emperor. 

All the soldiers depart to the State of Shu as soon as Yu Zhougong done saying a few "motivation" words. Yu Zhougong smiles widely as he is confident with the results of this war. 

Yu Zhougong then went to the training ground to watch the other soldiers who left to battle against Wu Empire. He still got about 190,000 soldiers. 50,000 naval forces and the others are cavalries and infantries.