34 - Eating dog food

Be kind guys. I was just late a few days but some of you already started DM-ed me pressuring for updates. I WAS BUSY so please understand. When I give early update, only some of you felt grateful, but when I was late... 🙄

Thanks for those who understands. Love ya. ❤

Just, enjoy. 

Three days passed and it's time for Xiu Ying and Zhang Wei to return to the palace. Before this, he'd feel reluctant to leave but now, he didn't mind returning as long as he's together with Zhang Wei.

However, Madam Feng and Li Shizen feel like they were dumped by their own son. It's not 'just feel', they WERE SERIOUSLY dumped by Xiu Ying who now, cares about his partner than parents.

"Don't forget to come to visit us again whenever you're free. And Zhang Wei, I hope you don't restraint Ying-er to return here," said Madam Feng.

Zhang Wei holds Xiu Ying's hand then smiles at Madam Feng, "Don't worry, mom. I'll never restrict him to return home. If we're free, for sure we'll come and visit again."

Madam Feng nods, satisfied.

Li Shizen said nothing because he still can meet Xiu Ying at the palace. Plus, it's not good to say much as he needs to face the emperor at the palace the next day.

Xiu Ying gives the last hugs and kisses to his parents before gets on the carriage and leaves Li Mansion ground.

Xiu Ying lifts the curtain and takes a look at his home through the window. He still can see his parents who wait until the carriage is out of view.

Zhang Wei pulls him into his embrace, "Don't worry. I'll bring you back again when we're free, okay?"

Xiu Ying just nods and leans his head on Zhang Wei's chest.

As soon as they arrived at the palace, Zhang Wei sent Xiu Ying to Zhongcui Palace, then he goes back to his study room and summons Chief Eunuch.

"Qiu Li Jie, Zhen need you to prepare an edict sending Concubine Wen outside the palace and grant her some golds and jewelry. As for the marriage, no need to mention it."

Qiu Li Jie folds his hand to the front and bows, "Then, Your Majesty, what about... Consort Lin?"

Zhang Wei taps on the table, having a deep thought.

"Just do the same. Said that Zhen wants to dismiss the imperial harem as Zhen has found a suitable empress. Grant her same amount of gold and jewelry as Concubine Wen."

Qiu Li Jiu bows and leave the study room to carry out the order.

Then, another figure leisurely enters the study room.

With a big smirk on his face, Huang Fei Hong asks, "Seems like everything going well for you?"

Zhang Wei clears his throat and shows his smug face.

Fei Hong's eyes twitched. 'Now you've got your lover, you dare show me that face? Don't you know I played a big part in helping you to get him?! But here I am still being avoided by that little guy!'

"Seems like nothing going well on your side?" Zhang Wei slightly chuckles.

"Going well you asked?! How can anything happened when clearly he followed you and your lover going back home?! I've lost three days of chances to court him."

Zhang Wei scoffs. "It's not like three days gonna make any changes."

Fei Hong stands straight and folds his arms over his chest, "Oh yeah? Then what about you? Before you go back, you guys still like old times, but after you return here, I heard servants keep saying how you guys are inseparable with each other. Going everywhere hand in hand. Now you dare say three days won't make any changes?"