15 - Change of heart?

Today is the start of the new week.

Xiu Ying wakes up in a better condition. No more runny nose and his temperature had dropped. Xiu Ying sits up then a towel plops on his thigh.

'Did Jing Yi put this on me....?'

The creaking sounds make Xiu Ying lifts his head. "Young Master, you're awake? How are you feeling now?" asked Jing Yi.

"Much better. Thank you, Jing Yi." With a smile, Xiu Ying waves the towel in front of Jing Yi.

Jing Yi lowers his head and plays with his fingers, 'Should I tell him or not? Tell or not? Tell or not?'

"What's wrong?" Xiu Ying as he received no answer from Jing Yi and the latter fidgets.

"Hmm...Young master....actually...His Majesty came last night.."

'Gosh! I totally forgot about that guy!' Xiu Ying suddenly remembered.

"Young master already fell asleep when His Majesty came. I told His Majesty that young master was sick. His Majesty went inside the room to check on you then His Majesty asked me to bring the towel and cold water. His Majesty was the one who put that on young master. Then, he left. That's all."

Xiu Ying looks at the dried towel and grips it tightly. He sighs.

"Well, when I meet him later I'll convey my thanks to him." Xiu Ying puts the towel onto the bowl beside the bed then asked Jing Yi to take it away.

After taking his bath and having his breakfast, a eunuch came to Zhongcui Palace. He kneels on one knee, "Pardon my lady. This servant came to bring a new list for the bedchamber turns." The eunuch holding out a scroll.

"New list? It's just the second week?" Regardless of the hundreds of questions in his mind, Xiu Ying takes the scroll. The eunuch quickly leaves as he had done his task.

Xiu Ying opens the scroll and he immediately frowns.

"Two days for Concubine Yu Li Na;

One day for Concubine Lin Hui Yin;

Three days for Concubine Wen Qian;

One day for Concubine Li Xiu Ying."

Felt relief as he saw no changes made on his name but then he keeps wondering why the emperor suddenly had a change of heart? He thought the emperor favors Yu Li Na the most. After spending a night with each of them, he already knows which body he likes more?

Seeing the quizzical look, Jing Yi clears his throat. "Yo- young master. From what I heard, when His Majesty left Concubine Yu's room, he looks calm and normal even though the servants keep on saying both of them spent steamy nights together. But for Concubine Lin, things seem not going well for her. All servants clearly heard that His Majesty went mad and stormed out of the room on the second night."

Jing Yi stops for a while, hesitates to tell Xiu Ying about Wen Qian.

"Then what about Concubine Wen Qian? Seems like His Majesty started to favor her." Xiu Ying asked out of curiosity. No sign of jealousy.

"She... when His Majesty left her room in the morning, His Majesty looked happy. Even just for a while, they noticed the smile on His Majesty's lips. It shocked them all that His Majesty looked like that. Maybe that's why His Majesty wanted to spend more time with Concubine Wen Qian."

Xiu Ying rubs his flawless chin and keeps on nodding. 'Hmmm...maybe he prefers innocent and naive type... what a kink!'

Xiu Ying rolls the scroll backs and puts it aside. "Well, as long as he didn't involve me, I don't care what he wants to do."