31 - Visiting in-laws' house

Tomorrow is the starting of the weekend and Xiu Ying already packed his clothes to stay three days two nights at his parents' house. But while packing, he keeps scrunching his nose and pouting.

Meanwhile, the emperor is having fun watching Xiu Ying throwing a tantrum while he packs his clothes too. With light steps, slowly he approached the latter who is back facing him.

Xiu Ying flinches when a pair of arms crawling on his waist. "Do you really hate the idea of me going back to your family's home?" He asked with a deep voice.

Xiu Ying freezes and blinks his eyes repeatedly. "Well...not really...it's just-"

"Just what? Hmn..?" Zhang Wei tilts his head and leans on Xiu Ying's shoulder.

"People will talk about it. Going to a consort's family house... it will look li- like..."

"Like what? Like I'm sending a hand in marriage?"

Xiu Ying hesitantly nods.

Zhang Wei chuckles. "Told you before, let them think so. Sooner or later that's what I'm going to do it. So why would you be so worried about that?"

Xiu Ying tilts his head to look at Zhang Wei's face. He scoffs, "Confident, aren't you, Your Majesty?"

Zhang Wei smirks and wiggles his eyebrows. Xiu Ying rolls his eyes and removes the naughty arms that keep caressing his tummy. Then, he continues packing.

"I need to go and meet Fei Hong for a while," Xiu Ying just hums.

Zhang Wei approached Xiu Ying again. With his figure towering Xiu Ying, he had to bend his body to steal a kiss on the cheek. "Be right back." With that, he walks out of the room like he did nothing.

Xiu Ying shot a glare at the receding figure while cupping his cheek. His heart feels mad but his reddened face totally betrayed his faked anger.

Xiu Ying and Zhang Wei going to the Li Mansion using a big but simple carriage. As Xiu Ying asked, they don't want to alert more people.

An emperor going out of the palace is already a big deal but an emperor going to a consort's house is a bigger problem. Only Jing Yi and a few and guards tag along. The fewer people the less suspicious they'll look. The passerby will think inside the carriage is just another rich family and not some royalty.

Along the journey, Xiu Ying slightly lifts the curtain and keeps his eyes out of the window. Meanwhile, the other person inside the carriage is using this time to keep on admiring the gorgeous view beside him.

Xiu Ying wears a plain inner robe with a light mint on the outside. His hair tied in a ponytail, swaying left and right as the carriage moving. The silky and smooth hair fluttering as the wind blew and hits it. Zhang Wei's hand feels the itch to touch it.

Slowly he raises his hand, not to startle the other person in his daydreaming. When Zhang Wei's fingers touched the thin lock of hair and tuck it behind the ear, Xiu Ying flinched. Slowly he turns to look at the emperor. He frowns.

Seeing the scrunched up face, Zhang Wei can't help but chuckles and it gains another glare.

"Seriously, your expression is always so cute." When the words were spoken, Xiu Ying quickly turns his head, hiding the flushed face.

After the two hours journey, they finally reached Li Mansion. Li Shizen and Madam Feng already waited at the front door. They can't help but feel nervous with the presence of the country's monarch.

Zhang Wei gets off of the carriage first then he holds out his hand to help Xiu Ying. The latter got no choice but to take it. If not, his mother gonna nags at him for the whole day.