End (Part I)

This story is officially completed on Patreon with two side stories. The last side story (Fei Hong x Jing Yi) will be updated tonight. Be my Patron to enjoy more 🔞. 

Wu Zhang Wei buried his face on top of Xiu Ying's head, sniffing his wife's scent.

The soldiers walked out of the chamber, giving a room for the couple. The elite army took away Yu Zhougong's unconscious body.

................

"Wei-er... Wei-er... Wei-er..." Xiu Ying mumbles between his sniffles. 

Looking at his wife's weak state sobbing in pain, it feels like his heart being stabbed thousand times. Wu Zhang Wei secured Xiu Ying in a tight and secure embrace. 

"I'm here, baobei. No one will hurt you anymore. Shhh... I'm here. I'm here." He gently caresses at the back of his head while peppering Xiu Ying with light kisses. 

When Xiu Ying became calmer and stopped sobbing, Wu Zhang Wei breaks the hug and scans him. Starting from his face, sickly pale and bruised cheeks.  Wu Zhang Wei clenched his jaw. Down to his neck, he squinted at the sight of the blood. 

He looks around the chamber. He walks to the bed, cuts the quilt into a small piece of cloth using his sword. Using the cloth, he wraps it around Xiu Ying's neck. It's best to stop the bleeding before they could find a physician to treat it properly. 

"Did he hurt you anywhere else?" 

Xiu Ying just shakes his head and buried his face into his husband's chest again. 

"Baobei, tell me honestly. Where else did you get hurt?" 

"When he tried to drag me, I hit him then he accidentally pushed me down. Then, he got mad so he slapped me on both cheeks." Xiu Ying's muffled voice still can be heard clearly as they are basically plastered to each other.

Wu Zhang Wei takes a deep breath trying to calm the raging storm in his heart. Just one thing for sure, soon, Yu Zhougong himself will wish to die instead of living. 

Releases a heavy sigh, Wu Zhang Wei sheath his sword. He puts his hand on Xiu Ying's back and his thigh. Carrying him in a princess carry. Xiu Ying in reflex wraps his hands around Wu Zhang Wei's neck and snuggle. Wu Zhang Wei's lips curved. 

The royal couple walks out of the chamber. The soldiers and elite army, Group 1 and Group 2, already waiting for them outside. The royal couple is in the center and those men guard them at every angle. 

"How's the situation?" Wu Zhang Wei asked.

Group Leader Team 1, 01 answers, "Under control. They can no longer fight off our soldiers but still, they won't give up and some of them still fighting outside." 

Wu Zhang Wei scoffs. "Tie that old man at the pole or wherever. Make sure they could see it." 

01 cupped his fist. He and 02 immediately did as they were told. 01 who knocked Yu Zhougong out before hid him somewhere no one can save him. 

They drag the unconscious old man to the staircase before the battleground. Finding the most exposed and nearest pole, they tied the old man and let him be beheld for the South Empire's soldiers. 

When the South Empire's soldiers notice it, they froze. Their knees went weak and unconsciously all of them dropped their swords. They hang their heads low, admitting defeat. 

After all the South Empire's soldiers knelt on the ground, Huang Fei Hong raises his sword up high. "Long live the emperor! Long live Wu Empire!"