54 - Meeting the empress

Chapter 56 is available now on Patreon. Be my Patron to enjoy early chapters. Click the link on my bio.

Members code
Group 1 : 01 (leader), 02, 03, 04, 05
Group 2 : 06 (leader), 07, 08, 09, 10

Group 1 looks at each other and nods. They jump away from the tiles' roof and return to the house to send the report to the emperor.

...........

The next day, Group 2 just arrived in South Empire. They immediately booked rooms then went to the tea house where Group 1 resided. As Group 2 was disguised as noblemen, it is not weird for them to carry around a beautiful-looking and expensive pigeon in a cage.

06 : "How is it? Did you found where is Her Majesty?"

01 : "We found but we haven't meet Her Majesty yet. It seems like Yu Zhougong keeps Her Majesty inside his chamber."

06 : "Woah. Don't tell me, he already..."

01 : *shaking heads* "Luckily, not. From what we heard, it seems Yu Zhougong hasn't touched Her Majesty in that way."

06 : "Touched or not, he already can't escape from His Majesty's outrage the moment he took away our Empress."

06 and the other members of Group 2 look more leisure than Group 1. Even though they act more carefree but their skills are on par with those in Group 1. It's just their face and expression are better than those stone-faced men.

07 and 08 put down the birdcages on the table. Usually, only one is needed but they brought an extra just in case if something happened to the main pigeon.

02 takes out the spectacular ground-dwelling pigeon with long, extravagant plumes trailing down from the neck. Dark green intermixed with gray, blue, and bronzy orange, depending on the light. The tail is snow-white, but only readily visible when the bird is flushed.

 The tail is snow-white, but only readily visible when the bird is flushed

Cr pic to owner

This Nicobar pigeon was raised by Wu Zhang Wei himself and sometimes by the elite army. In this way, the pigeon could recognize its owner and know where to return to even if it's was brought far away from Wu Empire.

02 ties a small piece of paper on the pigeon's leg. Inside it, he has written what needs to be reported to their emperor. He then released the bird through the room window.

09 and 10 are having a meal on the first floor but at the same time looking out the situation. While 04 and 05 from Group 1 are on the rooftop of the tea house, keeping watch the area around the tea house.

07 and 08 acting like wealthy Casanova. One hand on the back and another hand swings the fan, looking here and there, smiles seductively and winking at any girls they met. It is not hard to make those ladies blush. With their noble aura and good-looking face, no girls would reject it.