11 - Angelic Healer

Since the entrance of the gisaengs, Xiu Ying excused himself to the kitchen. It's better to indulge himself in work rather than talking to strangers.

When he was in the kitchen, a female servant suddenly came running and told everyone about Prince Yang Lijun.

Feeling weird with the sudden news, Xiu Ying walked back to the hall. When he reached the hall, he saw the prince was lying on the floor with a physician checking on him.

Then, as he came closer to the scene, he heard the conversation between Li Na and Wu Zhang Wei.

From the way she spoke, Xiu Ying knew she was trying to push the blame onto him.

"Yes. Looking for me?" said Xiu Ying.

His voice that suddenly came behind them makes Li Na jolt.

Wu Zhang Wei turns to him and calmly asks, "Did you who ordered to prepare all this?"

"Yes, I did, Your Majesty."

"Then... Did you check on every meal prepared?" Wu Zhang Wei asked again.

"As for every bowl that's quite impossible for me to do so but I did check on every pot when the meals had been cooked. As for the process after that, it was done by the eunuch and Chief of the kitchen."

"Then are you trying to say that there is eunuch or maybe the Chief of the kitchen didn't do their work until a poisoned meal could pass their inspection?!" Li Na interrupts.

"When did I say that?" Xiu Ying raises his eyebrows.

"Just now you mentioned they're the one who checked it but at the same time Prince Yang was poisoned. Isn't that what you're trying to say?!" Li Na who acted all-mighty just now quickly shrinks her body when Wu Zhang Wei glares at her.

Xiu Ying sighs. He glances at the silver spoon then says, "Can I take a look at the prince?" He lowers his tone and gently asked permission from Wu Zhang Wei.

"Yes. You may. Go on. He's there."

Li Na grips her fist tightly. Xiu Ying bows then turn to the unconscious prince. "May I..?" Xiu Ying said to the physician and the empress dowager.

Wu Jiaying was surprised when Xiu Ying asked permission to check up on Prince Lijun, but she allows it nevertheless.

"He's out of breath before and his stomach was in pain. Then he just fainted." Wu Jiaying told Xiu Ying everything she saw in the hope it could help Xiu Ying to discover something.

Xiu Ying pulls up the prince's sleeves then he checks his face and pulse.

'Damn. What poison. He's just having an allergic reaction! Guess in this time they still didn't discover about this.'

"Let's transfer Prince Yang to a room first."

Wu Jiaying quickly asked a few manservants to carry Lijun to a guest room. Then she turns to Xiu Ying.

"Concubine Li, did you know what happened to Prince Lijun?"

With a smile, Xiu Ying nods. "He's just having an allergic reaction. I mean there's something inside the meal that his body is sensitive thus causing this kind of reaction."

Everyone in the hall was in awe hearing the explanation from him.

"Jing Yi, help me to prepare a decoction made from fang feng and xin yi hua. And another one, prepare a citrus drink."

[A/N: Fang feng = silver divaricata
Xin yi hua = magnolia flower bud

Both of these are Chinese herbal to help allergies. Source: Google]