29 - Cuddling

Xiu Ying's eyelashes are fluttering as he is trying to keep his eyes open. But it was so hard. With the soft mattress underneath him and the warmth of the sheets around him. His eyes began to drift close back.

But soon, the image of him sitting on the emperor's lap and how the emperor took care of him before makes him wide awake. Xiu Ying puts his hand on his forehead, massaging his temple.

"You're awake?" The deep but gentle voice makes Xiu Ying turns his head to the side.

Wu Zhang Wei puts aside the memorial in his hand and walks towards the bed. He sits in the empty space beside Xiu Ying, caressing his face. Xiu Ying averts his gaze, but his reddened face cannot be hidden.

"How do you feel now?" Zhang Wei asked again and his hand still on Xiu Ying's cheek.

"I'm fine. Thank you, Your Majesty." Xiu Ying unconsciously pulls the quilt and grips it tightly.

"You haven't eaten since afternoon. So, I'll ask Jing Yi to prepare food for you, okay?"

Xiu Ying wants to say no but the grumbling stomach betrays him. So, he just nods his head.

A little later, Jing Yi returns with porridge with minced meat in it. Xiu Ying is about to get off the bed but Zhang Wei prevents him from doing so. Zhang Wei takes the tray from Jing Yi.

Xiu Ying wants to take the bowl of porridge but Zhang Wei beats him and takes it first. He scoops a spoonful and blows it. "Here. It's not hot anymore."

Xiu Ying looks between the porridge and Zhang Wei. The latter ignored his questioning eyes and waiting patiently for Xiu Ying to open his mouth.

Xiu Ying sighs. It is no use to argue with the stubborn emperor. When he obediently opens his mouth, the gentle smile can't be missed from Xiu Ying's eyes. He lowers his gaze, avoids from looking at it too long as it is bad for his heart.

Xiu Ying eats in silence. Wu Zhang Wei patiently feeds him until he finished till the last spoon. Zhang Wei picks up a handkerchief and gently wipes off Xiu Ying's small mouth.

"Th- Thank you, Your Majesty." He plays with his fingers.

"No worries."

Xiu Ying just noticed the piled up memorials on the table. Then, he suddenly realized, Jing Yi brought a meal for one person only.

"Your Majesty... have you had your dinner?" Xiu Ying doesn't want the emperor to focus on him and ignore his own health.

It's a simple question but to Zhang Wei, it means a lot. He feels like Xiu Ying started to care a little bit about him. "No worries. Before you wake up, Zhen has eaten this same porridge. Zhen can never allow myself to get sick because Zhen wants to take care of you."

Xiu Ying thinks his blood circulation is very good today. His face keeps getting red even by a simple comment by Zhang Wei.

In order to have a healthy heart condition, Xiu Ying decides to return to his room. But before both his feet can step on the floor, Zhang Wei already rushed to his side. "What are you doing? You should rest more."

"I don't want to disturb Your Majesty so I want to return to my room."

Zhang Wei huffs. He lifts the quilt then grabs both Xiu Ying's legs and pushed it back under the quilt. "No. Just sleep here tonight. Zhen will feel more at ease if you're by my side. It will be easier to look after you when you're around."

Zhang Wei cupped on both sides of Xiu Ying's cheek. The cheek fat being squished makes Xiu Ying look like he's pouting and it's too cute!

Zhang Wei can't help but stare at the luscious and tempting lips. His desire to cover those lips with his own is too strong but he doesn't want to scare off his loved one right after he said he wanted to take care of him.