6 - Going home

[A/N]
Jiejie - older sister
Meimei - younger sister

At a courtyard, inside Yonghe Palace (Palace of Eternal Harmony)

Two ladies are sitting in a pavilion, having tea time together. From afar, people will see two beautiful ladies are enjoying their leisure time. But if they come closer, they can feel the tension in the air.

"Li Na jiejie, did you hear about THAT concubine? It seems like he has nine lives. How could he wake up after all that?" A girl in a mint-colored robe said.

"......."

"Li Na jiejie, don't you worry if he is going to keep pestering His Majesty? What if- one day, His Majesty softens his heart and slowly accepts him?"

Noble Consort Li Na scoffs. "How could His Majesty soften his heart for that slut? His Majesty hated when he was interrupting His Majesty's daily life. Plus, will His Majesty rejects beauties like us for that kind of monster?"

"But- I heard all the servants said he's changed after he woke up. He became...prettier. So beautiful that people hardly recognize him. Besides, a few days ago, His Majesty came to Zhongcui Palace. Well- meimei didn't know what's the real reason but then yesterday, he came to His Majesty's study room and His Majesty let him in! Don't you think His Majesty has accepted him?"

Li Na's eyes twitch and she clenches her fist under the table. But she quickly covers it with a fake smile.

"Hui Yin meimei, don't tell jiejie that you're seriously worried about that concubine? It seems like you think of yourself too low until a mere concubine could win over you."

Consort Lin Hui Yin blinks her eyes nervously. "Not- that's not true...but..."

"No but. His Majesty came to Zhongcui Palace during the day, right? Maybe he came for a tea or a simple visit to not let people say His Majesty is cruel for not visiting his concubine who almost died. It's not like he stayed there overnight. And the reason for His Majesty let him in into the study room, maybe they do have something important to discuss." Her tone totally hides her rage.

Suddenly a female servant runs towards the two consorts. "Greetings Noble Consort Yu, Greetings Consort Lin."

"Rise. What's with the rush? Don't you see we're having a quiet time here?" Yu Li Na slightly glares at the servant.

"Pardon for my rudeness, My Lady. It's just... I have something to say about - " The female servant glances at Hui Yin.

"Who?"

"Con- concubine Li."

"What is it? Speaks up." Li Na sips her tea.

"It seems like Concubine Li has left the palace just now. From what I heard, he's going back to Prime Minister Li's house and staying over there for a week or two. His mother, Madam Feng was sick so yesterday, he asked permission from His Majesty to go home, thus His Majesty allowed it."

Li Na's mouth curves upwards. She waves her hand, signaling the servant to take her leaves.

"See? What jiejie say? He came just to ask permission to go home. It's not a big deal." She chuckles.

Hui Yin knitted his brows. "Li Na jiejie, don't you think Concubine Li also has changed? I saw him a few days ago. Even for just a few seconds, I could feel the air around him was different. The way he dressed was also different from the usual. Too bad, I could see his side face only. I'd like to see if he really is as beautiful as the servants said."

"Okay, that's enough Hui Yin meimei. Rather than thinking about him, it is better for meimei to think about how to make His Majesty stay over at your room. I'm afraid that one day that concubine will beat you to that."