38 - Coronation Day

Sorry for being late! My wattpad keep having error 😥

Days in the imperial palace gradually becoming so calm and peaceful. The green tea b***h had been removed.

Wen Qian had married a week ago and the Imperial harem had been dismissed. Even though it was hardly objected by the ministers, especially Lin Hui Yin's father, but no one can really go against the emperor.

Wen Qian's father looks calm on the outside but once he conveyed the news to his new wife, she went outraged. She forced her way to Wen Qian's new house and wanted Wen Qian to give her some of the gifts from the emperor that Wen Qian received.

However, once she arrived there with her annoying and pampered son, they were kicked out by the guards. She tried to make a scene by saying out loud how ungrateful Wen Qian for throwing out her family. However, instead of gaining sympathy from the crowd, both mother and son pair were glared at and swore after Wen Qian calmly told the crowd how she was abused before her stepmother sold her to the emperor.

She mentioned sold because every concubine's family will receive compensation for giving up their daughter or relative to the emperor. And Wen Qian's stepmother did that because she wanted to find the money for her son's gambling debts.

Once Wen Qian stated the facts including the proof and naming a few witnesses from the gambling house, the mother and son pair had to run for their lives as the crowd started to throw things towards them. When she returned home, she hoped that she could complain to Minister Wen but she was forced to shut her mouth.

Minister Wen got the feeling that the emperor intentionally did this to them because he knew about what his wife did to Wen Qian. He can't do anything as Wen Qian's mansion and property were included in the imperial edict and can never be changed the ownership. But his foolish wife insisted him to ask the emperor to take back the imperial edict and give them some of the money too.

Wen Qian is having a great new life with her newlywed husband. They're living a lovey-dovey life. Wen Qian's husband is so caring and loving person. Same goes to her parents-in-law. She feels truly grateful to the emperor for letting her to meet such good people.

There is also another lovely couple that could barely be apart from each other even though one of them is busy with his training and the other one has to serve his master. But that didn't stop Huang Fei Hong from meeting his lover.

Before this, if he got leisure time, he'll stay at the training ground, practicing his sword or combat skills. But now, as soon as the training is done, he'll rush to Zhongcui palace to kidnap someone.

Xiu Ying being an understanding master, never forbid his servant to be 'kidnapped' by the great general. Sometimes when Fei Hong was a little bit busy, he even asked Jing Yi why the kidnapper was late.

"Haihh.. These two. Can't they just get married? Isn't it easier to live together rather than keep running here and there, right?" Xiu Ying asked the guy beside him.

Zhang Wei was in a daze. He didn't hear anything Xiu Ying said.

"Zhang Wei?" Xiu Ying pats his arm, jerked him out of the trance.

"Huh?" He startled.

"Are you alright? Why is it seems like this lately you always in a daze? Is there anything you worried about?" Xiu Ying asked in concern.

Zhang Wei smiles stiffly. He can't say that he's actually thinking when he can officially claim Xiu Ying as his. He wants to do it! Badly!

"No- Nothing Ying-er." He gently caressing Xiu Ying's cheek.