25 - Emperor is awake

Inside the royal bedchamber, the emperor is lying unconscious. Two days had passed. Wu Zhang Wei had passed the critical stage. His complexion is still paler than usual but his condition is getting better.

Xiu Ying takes very good care of him. Other than it is his obligation as "Divine Doctor", Xiu Ying also owes the emperor. If it's not because of him, Xiu Ying is the one who will lays on the bed.

Yu Li Na and her servants have been detained by Huang Fei Hong. However, the punishments will be decided by Wu Zhang Wei himself after he has fully recovered.

[Flashback]

Taking advantage that there are only him, Huang Fei Hong, and Jing Yi inside the room, Xiu Ying turns to the great general.

"My Lord, I think you should do a thorough search inside Yanxi Palace." Xiu Ying asked with a low voice, not wanting the people outside the room to hear their conversation.

Fei Hong squints his eyes. "Search? What do you want to search?"

Xiu Ying takes out a small teacup from inside his robe. He slams it on the table. The teacup was the one that Wu Zhang Wei used to drink. Xiu Ying secretly hides in his sleeve when he's about to leave the Yanxi Palace. Yu Li Na who already can't think straight, for sure won't notice it.

"I've checked on this teacup. The problem doesn't lie in the tea but this teacup. If she puts the poison inside the tea it will be harder to avoid suspicion as she needs to drink the same tea. So, she smears the poison around the rim. In that way, no matter how many people check using a silver needle, it won't turn black." Xiu Ying raises the teacup and observes it with a smirk on his face.

"Do you know what kind of poison it is?"

Xiu Ying nods. "It's Tancha powder. A very strong poison."

"Tancha? Strong poison? Then... how could His Majesty still be saved?"

Xiu Ying explains everything he knows. Tancha powder is a very strong poison. Colorless and odorless. If someone puts it inside the normal drinking water, no one will ever notice. But, the way to fully utilize its power is by measuring the exact amount that you want to use based on the victim's physical which is height and weight, and also the period for the poison to take its effect.

Yu Li Na already measured and fixed the poison based on Xiu Ying's physical and also the time when she wants Xiu Ying to die, therefore Wu Zhang Wei who has different features from Xiu Ying still could be saved. Added with Wu Zhang Wei's body that immune to several types of poisons, that makes he's still breathing until now.

Fei Hong knitted his eyebrows. "Alright. I'll go now but how to recognize it?"

"I think she not only has this one type of poison but many more, so just find any weird or suspicious-looking box. This Tancha powder might look like salt but with a finer texture."

Without delay, Huang Fei Hong gets his men to search inside Yanxi Palace and also take the perpetrator behind the bars.

[End of flashback]

Xiu Ying sitting on the couch opposite the bed, reading a book. Empress Dowager Wu Jiaying had ordered Xiu Ying to always stay with Wu Zhang Wei. At this moment, she can only trust Xiu Ying to save her son so Xiu Ying must always be present at the imperial bedchamber until Wu Zhang Wei regains his consciousness.

At some point, Wu Jiaying was too worried and asked Xiu Ying to sleep in the imperial bedchamber. This is to make it easier for Xiu Ying to tend him in case Wu Zhang Wei shows some reaction in the middle of the night.

However, Xiu Ying politely rejected the idea and promised he'll come as fast as he can at anytime if something occurs.

Xiu Ying puts down his book when he heard rustling sounds. Slowly he approaches the emperor who starts to wake up.