51 - Young Emperor x Li Xiu Ying

Wu Zhang Wei's words make all the guards' faces twisted. They felt nothing but repugnance towards the so-called loving father.

Who would have thought, the person who never has any scandalous relationship and famous for being the 'Father of The Year', was actually slept with the same person that his son slept with.

Wu Zhang Wei leisurely turns around and returns to his seat. Crossing his legs, he stares menacingly, "Stop wasting Zhen's time. The matter about your mistress, we could suppress it from the knowledge of your family and other people. Zhen also won't interfere if you want to arrange a marriage between your daughter to a noble of State of Shu. Zhen can also overlook your embezzlement on the trading transaction, as long as you return the money and tell the truth right now. Stop the pretense. Zhen has investigated all your family's activities. If you think you want to continue working as a minister, you return whatever you took and spit out, WHERE IS MY EMPRESS?"

Wu Zhang Wei sounded impatient. He spoke more than he ever did during morning court. Even his best buddy, Huang Fei Hong blinks repeatedly, can't believe what he just heard. This shows the emperor is slowly losing his cool.

Huo Qubing couldn't stop the quiver in his body. He did embezzle some of the money from the trading activities. He also mixed some low-quality products with high-quality products but sell them at a high price. Besides, he did receive bribes from some black market traders to allow them to smuggle illegal products.

Huo Qubing did all of this just to let his family live in luxury. Even though his lower half sometimes craves some pleasure from others, he still cares and loves his family. He never thought of harming other people. But the matter regarding the empress, he was driven into the corner. He needs to carry out what has been ordered if he wants his family to be safe.

Huo Qubing takes a deep breath and releases a heavy sigh. Slowly he raises his head. "I can tell the truth Your Majesty but before that, I need to ensure the safety of my family first."

"General Huang, send a dozen of your men to protect Huo's mansion. Make sure everyone safe and sound," Wu Zhang Wei said. Huang Fei Hong immediately commands his men to guard around Huo's mansion.

After a while, someone came reported that everyone is still living safely inside the mansion and every corner of the mansion is tightly guarded. Listening to the report, Huo Qubing breathes a sigh of relief.

"Alright. First of all, pardon this servant's wrongdoings. Whatever I did just to protect my family from being killed and... prevented my hidden activities from being exposed."

Huo Qubing swallows his saliva and steals a glance towards the emperor who gives him a 'Like-I-Care-For-Your-Reason' look.

Huo Qubing directly says, "H- Her Majesty has been taken far away from this empire. Right now, Her Majesty is in S- South Empire."

The underground cell fell into silence and only sounds of the armrest of a chair being tightly gripped could be heard.

"What's the reason? Are the South Empire trying to provoke Zhen?"

His voice makes them feel like the season has turned to winter. Huo Qubing forcing himself to speak even though he can feels the shiver in his spines.

"No. They are not trying to provoke Your Majesty. It's j- just... the Regent of South Empire h- has taken a liking to Her Majesty and wished to h- have Her Majesty."

BANG!

The chair he was seated on just now can no longer be used. Wu Zhang Wei slams the chair to the wall. All of them were heart-struck and some of them accidentally cursed loudly.