52 - First part of plan has started

Recap

Xiu Ying flips his hair pushed it all onto his right shoulder, revealing the left side of his neck. With the sunlight slightly shine at the back of his head, Xiu Ying truly looks like a celestial being who just descended from the sky.

The 15-year-old emperor momentarily mesmerized by what he just saw. But he immediately throws his gaze to another side.

......... 

'What the hell are you thinking?!' 

The young emperor reminds himself. He takes a deep breath then immediately brushes off the momentary captivation just now. He collects himself back then turns to Xiu Ying.

 He clears his throat. In a low voice, he says, "Empress Li, I need your help to... cure me. In return, I will help you return to your country." 

Xiu Ying choked on the tea he is sipping. He elegantly wipes his lips. "Sorry, Your Majesty but are you sure YOU can help me return to Wu Empire? If I'm not mistaken, that old geezer holds more power than you, an emperor. So, can you kindly fill me in on how you can help me go back to my husband's side?" 

Xiu Ying wiggles his eyebrows in expectancy but the young emperor thought Xiu Ying is underestimating him. Which is true. 

The young emperor squinted. "Empress Li, I know I'm young, plus I'm sick but still I'm an emperor. I still got many people who will support me. Even though they help out just to ask something in return." He mumbles the last part.

Xiu Ying lightly huffs.

The young emperor ignores the judging look from Xiu Ying. "You cure me, help me out gaining information about Yu Zhougong. As soon as I'm fully cured, I will help you to go back to Wu Empire. How about it?" 

Xiu Ying clicks his tongue. "This deal is clearly one-sided. I got to do two things for you but I only receive one benefit. Isn't that unfair?" 

"Th- Then, what do you want? I'll try to fulfill any of your wishes. Just spit it out." 

Rubbing his chin, eyes looking upwards, Xiu Ying pretends to think of something. "Ha!" He slams the table. He smirks, "NONE."

"What?"

"There is nothing you can give me. What I want, only my husband can give it to me." Xiu Ying smiles seductively. 

The young emperor immediately lowers his head, hiding his flushed face. Xiu Ying chuckles when he saw the reddened ears. 'What an innocent kid.' He picks up the teacup and sips the tea leisurely, pretends like he said nothing embarrassing. 

"Th- There must be something else that you might need. Besides th- that..." He said the last part in a low voice but still, Xiu Ying heard it. 

"I don't need anything else in this world. I have everything. I just want to give birth to my baby safely and raise my kid with my husband and living happily with my family. That's all." 

"O- Oh...Living happily..." Somehow the young emperor breathes a sigh of relief.

"Yes. Live happily ever after. What are you thinking, Your Majesty?" Xiu Ying is having a good time teasing him.

"No- Nothing!" 

Xiu Ying covers his mouth, holding back his laugh. But then his face turns serious and a little bit of longingness could be seen. "Happiness can never be bought. Just like your situation. You're an emperor. You got the wealth, the throne, servants that will do anything for you and guards that will protect you. But do you feel happy? No. You live in fear. Every day feels worried that someone might hurt you or kill you. The one who stayed by your side, none of them is sincere. Even, the poor citizen outside the capital might live in a better environment than yours."