57 - First win

Sorry for being late again. I just got my first dose vaccine few days ago and can't even lift my left hand (my dominant hand). Even wearing my clothes is so hard. But I'm fine now 😁

Chapter 59 is available now on Patreon and Chapter 60 (final) will be available on Monday.

Huang Fei Hong and Wu Zhang Wei mount the horse. Huang Fei Hong leads the troop and starts their journey to the South Empire. 

...............

The journey to the South Empire went on smoothly. 10,000 naval armies had departed separately passed through the Yangtze River. 100,000 infantries and 60,000 calvaries followed Huang Fei Hong's lead. Another 10,000 soldiers were left to protect the capital city. 

The elite armies have been informed that the troop has departed. This is the hint that they must go to the palace and protect the empress. The troop will arrive in three days. Huang Fei Hong used the shortest way to reach the South Empire, even though it was a bit dangerous. But for a strong 160,000 men, nothing is too dangerous for them. 

The battle between the South Empire and the State of Shu is almost reached its end. The result is obvious. South Empire is almost got their victory. More than half of the State of Shu's soldiers have been killed and they suffer from great loss. 

South Empire holds their attack for three days and gives time for the State of Shu to choose. Either surrender and be a part of the South Empire or they'll be completely destroyed. If they raise the white flag, this means the emperor of the State of Shu will lose his throne and can no longer rule the country. 

Yu Zhougong gave some mercy and will allow the emperor of State of Shu to be the prime minister or any position in the royal court, but the country's monarch will be him. 

Those options were like burning in hell or drowning at the bottom of the sea. Neither of them is good for the emperor of the State of Shu. Either die or lives in insult. The emperor of the State of Shu cares about his people. He doesn't want to let them be killed just like that, but how could he face his people and ancestors when he is dethroned and has to work under someone else. 

Yu Zhougong is in a good mood knowing that he'll successfully make the State of Shu one of the South Empire territories. He is totally unaware that a big troop is heading towards South Empire. 

The naval army arrived one and a half-day earlier than the infantries. The naval army of the South Empire was shocked when they saw hundreds of thousands of boats and small ships sail towards them. 

They immediately blow the horn as a warning to start preparing for battle. Yu Zhougong who was leisurely drinking tea while enjoying the beauty in front of him, slams the teacup on the table, creating a crack on it. 

Yu Zhougong frowns when he saw Xiu Ying's face beams in happiness when he heard they were under attack. He knows his husband is coming for him. 

Yu Zhougong scoffs. "You think you can meet him? Dream on it! I'll show you how I crush him in front of your eyes." He flicks his sleeves. "Guards! Drag him back to the room. Don't ever let him come out no matter what excuses he gives." 

Knowing that his husband is coming, Xiu Ying struggles to release himself from the guards' grips. How he wished he could run outside and meet Wu Zhang Wei as soon as possible. However, he knows that this battle won't be a small matter. 

With his condition, if he went to the battlefield he will only be a hindrance and causing more trouble. Xiu Ying collected himself and stay calm. He trusts his husband. He'll wait patiently for Wu Zhang Wei to pick him up and they will return to their home together.