5 - Meet the beauty

[A/N]

Zhen: I (only for the Emperor) - how emperor address himself
Chen: I / your subject (officials addressing themselves in front of the emperor)
Chenqie: I, your royal concubine (even used by the empress)

Xiu Ying and his father are walking around the courtyard with linked arms. Since the father and son rarely had time together, Jing Yi and other servants let both of them have their time alone.

Xiu Ying has been asking and talking non-stop but not once his mouth mentioned the emperor. Watching his son talk with his big eyes, showing his excitement, Li Shizen feels content.

The father and son are too immersed in their conversation. They didn't notice that two important figures were approaching them.

Wu Zhang Wei asked the servant not to announce his arrival. He wants to surprise them with his presence and if he is lucky, he could eavesdrop on what they're talking about.

'Let me see....what else are you going to complain to your father...' thought Wu Zhang Wei.

Huang Fei Hong, who knew his friend's intention, can only shake his head. 'Is he really an emperor?'

When Wu Zhang Wei and Huang Fei Hong arrived, Xiu Ying and Li Shizen are standing in front of the fish pond. Xiu Ying is whining to his father, saying that it is such a waste for a big fish pond placed there but there is no fish in it. It is full of weed only.

With his back facing the courtyard entrance, Xiu Ying didn't notice the two figures coming towards them.

Wu Zhang Wei halts his steps when he sees a slim figure in plain white robes talking to Li Shizen. He can only see one side of that person's face. 'Who....is that....'

Slowly he walks in order to have a full view of the other person's face.

Li Shizen's eyes bulged when he saw the emperor and the Great General come to this isolated palace. He strutted forward and hid Xiu Ying behind him.

"Your Majesty," Li Shizen greets.

Hearing the words 'your majesty' from his father's mouth, Xiu Ying quickly turned around and did the same as his father, bowing his head.

Li Shizen raises his head, "Your Majesty, wh- what is the reason for Your Majesty visit in this place?"

Feeling a little bit annoyed when the other person is hidden behind Li Shizen, Wu Zhang Wei snorted, "What? Zhen is not allowed to come here? Does this place belong to you?"

"No- not like that Your Majesty. Forgive this servant for being rude."

Zhang Wei huffs.

Wu Zhang Wei standing straight in front of Li Shizen, staying still, silent and once in a while stealing a glance at the person behind the prime minister.

Noticing the emperor's act, Li Shizen slowly moves aside and pulls Xiu Ying to stand beside him.

"Li Xiu Ying greets Your Majesty." Xiu Ying bows again.

Both Wu Zhang Wei and Huang Fei Hong fell speechless.

'WHAT ?? Li Xiu Ying? No way.....there's no way this beautiful guy is Li Xiu Ying....'

Both of them look at each other and they have the same thought.

Plain white robes, fair skin, small pink lips, sharp eyebrows, hair loosely tight at the end, no makeup. And the most important thing is......he is beautiful.

Too beautiful.