58 - The war

Final Chapter (Part II) is available now on Patreon. Side stories (Patreon special) will be available soon.

Just want to say, THANK YOU SO MUCH for those who just being my Patron. Your support actually gives me a chance to continue survive during this pandemic. I REALLY MEAN IT cuz I'm broke af, with no job and no sales for my small business. 😢 ❤❤❤

Sorry for being late. Just done with my quarantined.

No time for consulting and seeking opinions from the ministers, Yu Zhougong decides in haste. "Gather all of our soldiers and prepare for the battle!" He shouted while walking out of the main hall.

..............

All of the soldiers gather in front of the main hall. Yu Zhougong stands at the lowest step of the stairs. Infantries stand on the front and cavalries behind them. 

"General, how many men we have right now?" Yu Zhougong asked the main general of the South Empire's army

The general saluted, "We have about... 140,000 men." 

Yu Zhougong's eyes widened. "Only 140,000?! Then, how many men Wu Empire has?" 

The general lowers his head and hesitates to say. "A-About 150,000...or more..." 

"Is this really all we have?! Where are the others?! We have more than 230,000 men how come we suddenly have 140,000 only?!" 

The general once again hesitates to speak up. "Yes, we did have 230,000 men before but My Lord has sent 40,000 men to the State of Shu and they still haven't returned. Our 50,000 naval armies also have been defeated. So now, we're left with 140,000 men only." 

Yu Zhougong was slightly flustered when the general mentioned his stupid act, which will affect their situation right now. But he won't admit his fault. "Why the troop from the State of Shu haven't returned yet?! How long they are going to take to defeat such a small country?! Didn't they report that they have managed to victory? Then, where are they now?!"

"They are on their way here but still it is going to take another day to reach here." 

"Idiot! They thought they have won now they can be at ease, walk leisurely like they are going sightseeing?! All are useless!" 

All the soldiers just lower their heads, listening to the regent's babbling. In their heart, all of them complaining that it was his fault for sending too many men to the State of Shu. They also didn't expect that whole naval forces were killed, leaving no one behind. 

Yu Zhougong takes a deep breath and tried to calm himself down. "Don't worry. We'll use the advantage of the surface of the mountain to attack them. We can sneak attack them at the cliff and kill as much as possible before they march further. General, send a carrier pigeon and ask those who went to the State of Shu to return as soon as possible if they don't want to die. And as for the Wu Empire, I hope you know what to do."