27 - Punishments

In the main hall of the main palace,

Wu Zhang Wei is sitting on the throne, resting his head on his knuckles. There's no other emotion in his eyes, except disgust and anger when he looks at the woman who is sitting on the floor, pleading and begging for her life to be spared.

No matter how much she said, Wu Zhang Wei deafened his ears. He doesn't want to hear excuses. What he needs to know from where she got all those poisons.

It's not like Wu Zhang Wei didn't know but he needs her to speak the truth for all people who are present in the main hall, heard what she said. Momo no longer has the energy to speak up after she was tortured by Huang Fei Hong as she sticks to her principle as a servant and tried to protect her master.

The Chief Eunuch noticed that the emperor is not paying attention to the offenders in front of him. The faint smiles make the Chief Eunuch follows where the emperor's eyes linger. Zhang Wei's eyes are like a dead fish when he looks at the former consort but it quickly softened when he steals a glance at Xiu Ying who is standing not too far from him.

The Chief Eunuch fakes a cough and whispers, "Your Majesty...Your Majesty!"

Zhang Wei turns to glare at the Chief Eunuch for disturbing him. He rolls his eyes then it immediately turns cold.

"Former consort Yu Li Na, Zhen doesn't want to hear your lame excuses like doing it for my sake, loves me and bla bla bla... Zhen just want to hear where did you get those poisons? Did someone lend you a hand? Who is it? Zhen is sure that you can't get those kinds of poisons on your own. It was rare in this country so you must have someone else gave it to you."

Zhang Wei squinted, "Now, tell me...who gave you that?" His voice sends a chill to everyone's spine. Even Xiu Ying flinches as this is the first time he saw this side of Zhang Wei. Before this, no matter how rude or rebellious he was, the emperor didn't really mad at him.

In a trembling voice, she said, "N- no... one... I- I bought it from the black market... I don't even know wh- who I deal with..." She staring at the floor but unless someone truly paid attention to her, they won't notice the eye contact between her and Lord Yu Chenyi.

The Minister of Revenue looks calm even though everyone knows that Yu Li Na is her niece and he really dotes her. The onlooker was a bit surprised when they saw Lord Yu didn't seem bothered with her condition.

Not wanting to drag this matter anymore, Wu Zhang Wei leans back on his throne. In a loud voice, he said, "Yu Li Na was jealous when she heard that Zhen was getting closer with Concubine Wen so she had poisoned Concubine Wen Qian with reasons to make her infertile. Next, when Zhen visited her courtyard for during tea time, Zhen was poisoned with a strong poison and Zhen almost lost my life. So, all ministers and officers here, Zhen would like to ask, what's the best punishment for this kind of crime?" He asked sinisterly.

"Beheaded her!"

"Give her a strong poison!"

"Tied her in the middle of the market then execute her!"

"Dismemberment!"

One by one the minister and officer voice out their opinions. Yu Li Na trembles harder when she heard it. Prime Minister Li Shizen remains silent. He, as a man with only wise words getting out from his mouth, doesn't want to involve himself, unless the emperor asked him directly.

Meanwhile, Lord Yu Chenyi clenches his fist but he keeps his poker face. Yu Li Na keeps staring at him, asking for his help but he can't do anything as solid proof had proved her wrongdoings. He shot a glare towards Li Xiu Ying opposite him.