20 - Create poison

[Lord Yu Chenyi - Minister of Revenue @ Yu Li Na's uncle]

"M- my lady, Lord Yu has sent a package for you." A male servant came with a wooden box in his hands.

Yu Li Na who is knitting a handkerchief abruptly raises from the couch and grabs the box from the servant.

She caressed the box like a precious gem. She slowly unboxed it and when she saw the items inside it, she smiles wickedly.

"Finally... It's here..." She laughs.

She takes out a small glass bottle from the box, observing it thoroughly. Sneers never ceased from her mouth as she imagined what will happen to the person that will receive this item from her.

"Soon... So soon... His Majesty will be mine..."

Li Na puts everything back into the wooden box and keeps it away, safe from anyone else discovery. She turns to her most loyal servant, who is as wicked as her, "Momo, where is Li Xiu Ying right now?"

"He's at the pharmacy, my lady."

Li Na scoffs. "That slut. How dare he asked for the same rank as mine. Even Her Majesty started to side with him, giving him such title and letting him do as he wished at the pharmacy." She slams the table but Momo who is already used to her temper didn't flinch.

"Then, what about Wen Qian? Where is she?"

"She's at her courtyard."

Li Na's fingers keep tapping the table, she mumbles, "Should I meet her alone....or both of them together?"

Momo clears her throat, "Pardon my lady. But, I think shouldn't my lady act more discreetly? Especially facing Consort Li. Seems like he's been well-protected. There are two guards that always follow him wherever he goes. I'm afraid...one wrong step could lead to our death."

"Scared?" Li Na glares.

"N- no it's not like that. It's just... better if we do it slowly and carefully. For sure we don't want everything we did to go in vain, right? Haste makes waste so let's think of the best plan that will guarantee our success."

Convinced by Momo's words, Li Na sighs. "Fine. Let's do so. I'll take my time. No matter what, at the end of the day, His Majesty will be mine and I'll be the mother of this country."

......

On the way back to his room, Xiu Ying feels like he was being watched. He secretly looked around to find any suspicious figure or movement.

Out of nowhere, Xiu Ying halts his steps. Jing Yi, Guo Wei, and Chang Ming who walked behind him also stopped moving.

"Young master...what's wrong?" asked Jing Yi.

The air turns gloomy and it didn't miss from Guo Wei and Chang Ming's sense. Guo Wei quickly moves in front of Xiu Ying and Chang Ming stayed behind so they can protect Xiu Ying from both sides.

"My lady?" Guo Wei looked at Xiu Ying who is standing straight and only moves his eyeballs.

"Lately, I feel like I've been stalked." Xiu Ying continues to walk slowly. He speaks in a low voice so only three of them could hear it.

"Do you need more guards? I can ask from His Majesty in case you feel unsafe with just two of us." Chang Ming said.

Xiu Ying shakes his head. "No. It's alright. I'm fine. I trust you guys plus I'm not that weak. It's just I feel uncomfortable being watched every day." He sighs.

"Don't worry, My Lady. We'll try to figure out how to handle it. Rest assured."

Xiu Ying hums.

Again, right after the light has been blown out, Guo Wei went to the imperial study room.