Chapter 58

Hermione's P.O.V.

I saw a boy come out of the throne room. He glanced at Thalia and me. "Are you Hermione?" he asked. I nodded. "Why?"

"You should come and see this." He turned back toward the throne room without another word. I stood and ran after him, followed by Thalia, whose foot I had fixed.

We followed him into the throne room. My heart dropped. "Sierra!" I shouted. I ran up to her and pulled out my wand. I tried absolutely everything, none of it worked.

"You can't die on me! Please! Please," I whispered. I grabbed her arm and checked her pulse one more time. Then, a little slip of paper slid out of her hand.

It had Sierra's slightly messy cursive. It was to me. It was a note. I read it then tucked it into my pocket.

Everyone was gone except Percy. "How long did you know her?" I asked. "Since I twelve, she was eleven. She, um, stole my minotaur horn." I snorted. "Really?"

He nodded and smiled slightly. "Well, that sounds like her." He shrugged. "I felt bad for her. I was claimed the night I went to camp. But some kids, like her, wait years. Even lifetimes." I nodded.

"I understand how hard it would be for her. Everyone she loved betrayed her, her father didn't really care enough to claim her." He patted me on the back and walked out.

Suddenly, something behind me moved. I pulled out my wand and whipped around. It was Zeke. "What do you want, you filthy traitor?" I growled. He jumped.

"I love her and I have to tell her it," he stuttered. "Well, I assume she would just want me to do this." I slapped him. Hard.

"OW!" he shouted. "But hers is different. It's actually somewhat pleasant." I rolled my eyes. "I always hoped she would forgive me. Now I'll never know." He sighed. I slapped him again.

"How thick are you!? She obviously loved you. She was heartbroken after that," I said. "Really? She loved me?" "You are so asking for a slap." Then he went stiff and fell over.

I turned but it was too late. I froze, unable to move.

9 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 59

O, and do any of you know a good actress for Sierra? I can't think of any! Or any other characters of my creation?

thanks!