Chapter 55

Sierra's P.O.V.

Annabeth grabbed my arm and began to hoist me up. I pushed the rest of the way up. We sat there, breathing heavily and staring at each other.

"You know, I never knew why you hated me," I said. "You know. You've made fun of it so much." A tear slid down her cheek.

"Something Luke told me, isn't it?" She nodded. "That day. You and Luke went swimming. You were eight. I was nine." I nodded.

"Jealousy took over me. When Luke said you were his favorite girl, I felt like he didn't care for me anymore. Then he started spending more time with you and I never got to see him."

I stared at her, a little dumbfounded. "He was with me like, an hour a day, and he said he had to go do something. I assumed it was to be with you!"

Annabeth's P.O.V.

Wait. Luke wasn't with her? Then where was he? I could tell she wasn't lying. She looked just as confused as I was. "Well, can we let bygones be bygones?" she asked, holding out her hand. I took it.

"Um, guys? A little help here!" Percy said, bring us back to reality. He and Kronos were in head to head battle.

"Luke!" me and Sierra said in unison. "Jinx!" she said. "You're so immature," I said, rolling my eyes.

"You say it like it's a bad thing," she said, with a large, immature grin. She stood and ran at Kronos.

****************6 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 56***********************************************