Chapter 24

Sierra's P.O.V.

I clenched my fist, trying not to smash anything. "Sierra, you have to calm down before you hurt someone," Ginny said. I knew she was right. I sat down on the couch and bit a pillow. I calmed down, unclenched my fists and slowly released the pillow. I took deep breaths. "You okay?" she asked. I nodded. "I have anger issues, as you can tell," I said. "Why do you hate that girl?" she asked.

****FLASHBACK******

"We need to find something to eat," I said. "I know," Zeke said. We were on a quest to find Danni and the others that had left the quest about 6 months after they had left. I had refused to let them burn the shrouds until I got to look for them. I don't know why they had let, but they did.

It was me, Zeke and Luke. "Come on, I have an idea," Luke said. We followed him to a street corner and sat down. "Do you have your guitar?" he asked.I nodded and pulled it out from my bag. I handed it to him.

He started to play and people gathered around. He took off his hat and people started to throw money in it. "Sing," he whispered. "What?!?" I asked, shocked. "Sing, people eat it up." I shrugged and stared to sing a song. After awhile, we stopped and checked how much we had. I picked it up. We had about ten dollars. Then a twenty dollar bill floated into the hat.

I looked up and saw a girl with red hair standing in front of me. "You're pretty good," she said. "Thanks," I said and lowered my gaze. " My name's Rachel," she said, sticking her hand out.I shook it. Then something weird happened. She grabbed my shoulders and said

'The battle raged

You they will send

To meet your end '

I stared at her, terrified.Luke grabbed my hand protectively. "I'm so sorry! I don't know what that was," she said, furrowing her brow. A man walked behind her.

"There you are!" he said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Who is this?" he asked."This is Sierra and-" she stopped. "I'm Luke and this is Zeke,"Luke said, saving her. "Well, say goodbye. We have to go to dinner," he said, starting to pull her away. "Can we take them with us?" she asked. Her dad sighed. "Fine."

*** END OF FLASHBACK****

I couldn't remember much of the dinner or conversation, but it had made me hate her. "So that's why you dislike her," Ginny said. I nodded. "She scared the crap out of me that night." She nodded.

"C'mon," she said, offering me her hand. "What?" I asked. "We need to tell Hermione," she answered. "No, I don't want anyone else to know!" I said, pulling her back. "Why?" she asked, confused.

"They'll try to stop it. You can't stop a prophecy, only slow it down a little bit," I answered. She nodded. "Please, can we just tell Hermione, I will make sure she keeps the secret. Please!" she begged. "Oh, fine. I'll go get her," I said and sighed.

I left the room and went to go find Hermione. I found her sitting with Annabeth, giving her a copy of Hogwarts, A History. "Hermione, we need to talk," I said, looking her in the eye. "Okay, Annabeth, I'll show you more later," she said. "Okay," she answered, completely immersed in the book.

We walked back to the room and I locked the door behind us, so no one could come in and interrupt. We sat down and everything came pouring out. She just sat there listening, and I'm not even sure I was making any sense.

When I finished, she sat there, staring at me. "Wow," was all she said. "So I'm probably going to die tonight," I said. "How do you know?" she asked. "What?"

"How do you know you're going to die tonight?" she asked. "I just know, it's like that feeling you get when something bad's gonna happen," I answered. "How do you know it was about you?" I just stared at her.

"You don't believe me," I stated. "No, not really. I mean how do you know know she wasn't just trying to freak you out?" I glared at her and and clenched my fist.

"I can't believe you! I thought you were the one I could trust! I mean, I thought you of all people would understand!" I shouted.

I stood up, smashed a lamp, and walked out of the room.