Chapter 21

Sierra's P.O.V.

It looked awful. The whole city looked like a war ground. A lot of things were in ruins. From the view on Blacjack's back, everything looked horrible.

We rode south, where the worst of the fighting was. "There!" Percy said to Blackjack. He plunged downward toward the battle. Percy leaped off the horse and landed on a Hyperborean giant's head. Blackjack had barely landed when I jumped off him. "Thanks!" I shouted but didn't listen for a response.

I ran straight into battle. I slashed away at monsters. Then my eyes met another familiar pair of eyes.

"Zeke," I growled. "Sierra, I-"

"I don't want to hear it!" I slashed at him. He dodged but barely. "Sierra, please-" I slashed him across his cheek. He put his hand to it. "Ow! That hurt!" " he shrieked. "Good."

I kept striking at him. "Please, just listen to me!" he said. "Why should I listen to you?" I hit him over the head, knocking him unconscious. I moved on.

The next hour was a blur of monsters, demigods and dust. We were get pretty closde to the Empire State Building. We were only about a block away. There wasn't enough of us to hold back the hundreds of enemy demigods, monsters and titans. I still tried. None of us would give up until we were all dead.

In the east, I thought the sun was beginning to rise, but it was Kronos on a golden chariot coming closer to us. Dozens of Laistrygonians were bearing torches in front of him and two Hyperborean giants were holding his huge black and purple banners.

"We have to fall back to the doorway Hold it at all costs!" Annabeth shouted some where from my left. She was right. It looked like Percy was about to call a retreat when the hunting horn sounded. It was loud like a fire alarm in the middle of a test at school. Then more sounded.

"Not the Hunters. We're all here," Thaila said. "Then who could it be?" More still, They got louder and louder. We couldn't tell where they were coming from because of the echoing. Everyone looked confused, even the enemies.

A shower of arrows soared through the air, vaporizing hundreds of monsters. They weren't normal arrows. A lot of them had boxing gloves and other weird stuff.

"Centaurs!" I shouted. They stampeded through, destroying more monsters. Kronos started shouting something but a panicked Hyperborean giant sat on him. At the moment, the lord of time was under a big blue butt. Chiron shouted an order and the centaurs backed off. I knew we had needed to regroup.

I found Chiron. "Hello, Chiron," I said. "Hello, Sierra," he said and smiled. Hermione walked up behind me. "I see you brought some friends. Hello, Hermione," Chiron said.

"Sierra, Ginny's hurt," Hermione said.