Chapter 63

Luke's P.O.V.

I stared at the gods in horror. I was terrified. I mean, Who had been trying to destroy them a few hours ago? Me.

Then, the worst thing I could think to happen did. My dad came over to me. "Luke," he said. I stared at my ruined shoes like they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"My Luke." I saw a tear in his eyes. "I'm so sorry." I looked up. Did he just apologize?

"I knew you weren't feeling loved. I should have done something right then and there. But I didn't. I sent you on a quest that's results made you feel worse than before.

"Yeah, bad, Hermes,' George, his small snake, said. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Son, I just want you to know that I do listen to you and all my other children." He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I love you, son." I jumped when he actually hugged me. He went back to help with the cleaning. My dad just hugged me. Holy crap.

I could have sworn I was dreaming. Or dead. Either one would have probably better than having tried to destroy the gods, failing, and then standing in front of the same gods you had tried to destroy. Zeus began speaking, a long boring speech that made the survivors wish they were dead.

"As for my brothers," Zeus said, "we are thankful"- he cleared his throat like the words were hard to get out-"erm, thankful for the aid of Hades." Hades nodded happily.

"And, of course," Zeus continued, though he looked as if his pants were on fire, "we must... um... thank Poseidon. With out whose help, it would have been difficult-"

"Difficult?" Poseidon asked innocently. "Impossible. With out whom, it would have been impossible to beat Typhon."

Thalia, Percy and Annabeth were called one by one up to receive there prize. I was surprised about Percy's.

At first, I couldn't believe he turned down immortality! I mean, who would? I wouldn't have hesitated. But then he said he wanted all the demigods to be claimed, and have cabins for the minor gods.

I was so happy. "Luke Castelian!" Zeus said. All eyes came on me. Gasps and whispers filled the room. I slowly walked forward.

"Luke Castilian. Or should we say Kronos?" Ares growled. "Ares!" Hermes growled. "Brothers!" Artemis said. They stopped.

"Luke here is the one the Great Prophecy spoke of! He is a hero!" Apollo said. Some arguing broke out. "I say I should get his soul, since he's supposed to be in the Underworld, anyway," Hades said.

"Yeah! I say he dies!" Ares agreed. "Silence!" Zeus shouted. Silence fell. "He won't be killed" A few groans

"He will be pardoned of his crimes for destroying Kronos and dying for it," Poseidon said for Zeus, who looked if he wanted me dead. "We never agreed to that!" Ares said.

"Okay, then. All in favor for killing the boy," Poseidon said. Ares, Hades, Zeus and Hera raised their hands. "All in favor for letting him live, pardoned of his crime."

Poseidon, Athena and all the other Olympians raised there hands. "Well, there you have it. He shall live." Several gods clapped, but some just looked pissed. The council ended the gods dispersed.

Maryanne Della, Daughter of Aphrodite, hugged me. "Oh, Luke, I told them you'd come back! I knew it!" A few tears slipped down her cheeks. I had always had a thing for her, but would never admit it.

She looked up at me, and I kissed her straight on the lips.