Chapter 15

"Wh-what?" he asked. "She's dead. At least, that's what everyone thinks." I was trying hard not to cry . "What happened?" I gulped. I had been avoiding the subject for years.

*FLASHBACK ONCE AGAIN*

"Danni, please don't go," I whispered to her right as they were about to leave. "Oh, Sierra, you know I have to," she said, giving me a hug. "I don't want you to," I said, tears welling up. "I don't wanna lose you, too."

Danni looked me in the eye. "I won't leave you forever. I will be back. I promise."

I reached into my pocket. I pulled out a little locket she had given me. I opened her hand and put it in and then closed her hand around it. "If you are coming back, I will know it's you if you have this locket. If you don't, at least you'll be able to have a little bit of me with you," I whispered. She opened the locket.

On the inside, there were two pictures. One was a picture of me the other was a picture of her. Engraved on the lid was a little note she had written for me. (She was daughter of Hephaestus, she could do stuff like that) It said: 'To my littleSierra, I will love you forever, your big sister Danni'

I saw tears forming in her eyes. "Thank you, my little girl," she said. "Goodbye, Danni. I love you," I said, giving her another hug."I love you,too."

I heard the engine start. "Danni! Time to go!" I heard someone shout from within the truck. "Okay! Just a sec!" She put the locket on and walked to the car.

*FLASHBACK END*

Little did I know that would be the last time I would ever see her. "It was about six months after you left, she had to go on a quest. She didn't come back. Days turned to weeks, then months, then years. I never saw her again. No one has," I said, a tear slipping down my cheek. "Oh, my little Sierra, I'm so sorry," he said, coming in for a hug. I let him.

"You two left me to fend for myself. I never trusted many people after that. Until Zeke..." I sighed, a few more tears escaping my eyes. "Who's Zeke?" he asked. "Well he's..... Wait! Why should I be explaining my life to you?" I said. He looked surprised. I dropped my hands. He put his hand back on my cheek.

I heard the door creek open. "Stupefy!" Hermione shouted. Bryan turned and whipped out his wand, but not quick enough. The spell hit him square in the chest. He fell next to me on the couch next to me. Hermione came in and stared at him. "Who's he? What happened to the Apollo kid?" she asked.

She looked at me and saw I had been crying. "What happened?" she asked, sitting on the side of the couch Bryan wasn't occupying. I sighed and put my hand on Bryan's chest. "Blast from the the past," I mimicked him."Care to explain?" I sighed.

"This is my former-" I gulped "-friend, Bryan. He's like me. A demigod and a wizard, I mean. He left camp when we were kids. I was only seven at the time..." I explained everything while Hermione offered to help heal my side.

"Wow," she said when I had finished explaining. "Yeah. I have a messed up life," I said. She snorted. "Really?' I smiled. She took the picture from Bryan's hand. He shifted and started to become conscious. He sat up and frowned. "What happened?" he asked then saw Hermione. He whipped out his wand."No, Bryan, she's my friend," I said, standing up, which wasn't very intimidating since I only went to about his shoulder.

"Then why would she stupefy me?" he growled. She didn't know who you were." He rolled his eyes. "Who's side are you on?" she asked. "What do you mean?" he asked. She looked shocked. "Are you Kronos side or ours?" she asked. He looked confused. "What do you mean?" I heard a knock at the door. I walked over and answered it while Hermione explained everything to him.

"Hey Percy," I said. "Hey. You okay?" he asked. "Yeah," I answered. "Umm... Can talk to you? Alone?" I looked behind me, where Hermione and Bryan were in deep conversation. "Yeah, sure."

I stepped out into the hall and closed the door. "What's up?" I asked. "I wanted to tell you something, but I'm not sure hoe to put it," he said. "Let me guess. You bathed in the River Styx and you now bare the Mark of Achilles?" I asked.

He looked stunned. "Who told you?" I smiled. "You just did. " He rolled his eyes. "I gotta stop doing that!" he said. I laughed. "O gosh I've missed you," I said.

"So, where's your weak spot?" I whispered as we stepped out of the hotel. "The small of my back." I nodded. "Wanna go for a ride?" he asked. "On what?" He whistled. A pure black pegasus landed in front of us. I jumped a little bit. 'Yo boss!' he said to Percy. "Hey Blackjack. Mind giving us a ride?" he asked. Being Son of Poseidon, he can naturally talk to horses.

'With her?'

"Yeah."

'But she smells like death!'

"Hey! You don't smell so good yourself!" I exclaimed. 'Wait, you can understand me?' he asked. I nodded. 'She's your sister?!?!?!?' I laughed.

"No. Daughter of Hades. I'm a wizard," I snapped back. 'Yeah right! Now, why can you understand me?' I rolled my eyes, getting extremely annoyed.

"You want me to prove it?" I asked, whipping out my wand. 'No! No! I believe you!' I smirked. "Okay, good." I rolled my eyes.

"I am not going on that thing," I said. 'Hey! Who you callin' a thing!' Blackjack said. I ignored him. "Why not?" Percy asked.

"1. It goes in Zeus' territory. 2. Poseidon created horses. 3. I'm a daughter of Hades!" I said. "Oooohh," he said."Yeah." We walked away from Blackjack.

"Hey, we'd better get ready for battle again," I said. He sighed. "You're right. Bye," he said and walked away. I sighed. I don't think anyone was excited for the next part of war.