Chapter 14

Hey! So, I thought I would be nice and post even though I only got three vote :'( O well. Enjoy Chapter 14! thanks for reading!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Of course, I was in no condition to stand, let alone fight. "Sit up," he ordered. I obeyed. He didn't even bother to restrain me. It's not like I could make a break for the door. I glared at him.

"Blast from the past, huh?" he said, staring at me. I glared at him. I didn't care if he had been my friend. "Seems so long ago." He snorted. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a wand and muttered a spell and turned to his normal self.

I stared at him, confused. "Yep. I'm one, too," he said reading my look. I still stared at him. "Don't look at me like that! You did it, too!" I blushed slightly.

I looked away, hoping someone would come in. "What gave me away?" he asked. "Honestly?" He nodded. "You're eyes." He looked at me for a while, then reached into his pocket. I flinched, thinking he was taking out a knife. Instead, he pulled out a picture. "Remember this?" he asked.

I looked at the picture. It was me and him. We were a lot younger. I was only six and he was eleven. We were sitting in tree, I was in mid-laugh and he was smiling. "So, you do?You remember this, too?" He turned it, revealing my flimsy old writing.' Sierra and Bryan. Best friends forever.' I gulped.

"I wish that was true," he said. "It would be, if you hadn't left me there! Alone!" I screamed at him. "You know why I left! You're the one who wouldn't come with me!" he shouted back. I remembered very well why he left.

*FLASHBACK*

"I'll bet I can get to the top of that tree before you!" I shouted to Bryan. "You're on!" We ran toward the tree. We climbed up as fast as we could. I was in the lead then he past me. I tried to pass him, but he was to fast. He got to the top a few seconds before I did. "Oh, you lost! You know the penalty for losing!" he said and lunged at me. "No!" I screeched.

I jumped to another tree. He followed me. We jumped from tree to tree for a while. Then he caught me. "No!" I screeched again. He grabbed me and started to tickle me. When he stopped, I sat and pouted.He sat next to me.

"Oh, stop that, silly," he said and smiled. I grinned and snuggled up next to him. I looked into his face and he looked sad."What's wrong, Bryan?" I asked, snuggling up closer to him. He smiled again. "Nothing. Why would you ask that?" he said and hugged me.I hugged him back. He let go and put his hand on his leg. I placed my so much smaller one on top. He smiled, then frown. I looked at him.

"Please tell me what's wrong," I said, doing the puppy dog eyes.He sighed.

"Alright. I'm just tired of being stuck here! I mean, we haven't gone anywhere. You've never been outside camp. I wish they would let us come and go as we want. That's why...." he stopped. "That's why what?" I asked, eager to hear what he was going to do. "Why I'm gonna leave this place." I gasped. "You're gonna leave this place?" He nodded. "You're gonna leave me?" I asked. "No! I was hoping you would come with me?" he said, looking me in the eyes. I gulped. "I don't know. I mean, we wouldn't be safe for us. Chiron said-" "That's another thing! Chiron! He's sooo annoying!" He started to mimic Chiron. "No, not like that, like this." and a bunch of other things I'd rather not repeat.

I felt tears starting to well up. "Don't talk about him that way," I whispered. "Oh, you're defending him!" I started to cry. "I'll come back for you in few years, then you'll come with me! You'll be begging to go with me!"

He jumped from the tree and ran off. I sat in tree and cried for a while. The sun was going down and I heard people calling my name. I still didn't move. I moved to the trunk of the tree and still just sat there. I saw someone appear underneath me.

It was my friend Danni. "There you are Sierra! We've been worried sick! Come on down, so we can tell Chiron you're okay!" she said. I shook my head. "No!" I shouted. "You know if you don't come down, I'm gonna have to come get you!"

I didn't answer or move. "Alright! I'm coming up!" She started to climb. I didn't try to stop her. She looked me and saw I had been crying. "What's wrong?"

*END OF FLASHBACK*

That had been about a year after the picture had been taken. I sighed. "I thought you had forgotten me," I whispered, tears starting to well up in my eyes. "Of course I would never forget you, my little Sierra," he said, his tone gentler.

He came closer to me, and gently caressed my cheek. I didn't make him let go. In fact, I put my hand on his so he would let go. He looked me in the eye.

"There's one thing I need to know. Where is Danni?" That made me feel awful. I hated when people asked what happened to her.

"She's dead."