Chapter 9

Ginny P.O.V.

I followed Sierra through the crowd. Everyone was staring at us. Sierra didn't seem to mind. We walked over to a tent. "Hey, guys. You got a spare knife? I need to train the wizard," she said. "Yeah. Here's a knife," one of the guys said. He handed her a shorter blade, but deadly all the same. I stared at it in horror. "I'm not going to use it on you. You are going to use it on me," she said, with an evil grin.

We walked out. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked her. "Sure, why not?" she said, distractedly. "Are you good with boys?" She stopped abruptly.

"Why?" she said. "I was just wondering if you new how to ask out a boy?" She sighed with relief. "You're asking the wrong person." She continued walking.

I could tell by her expression, the discussion was closed. We walked for a bit. "How old are you?" I asked, trying to get more out of her. "15 today." I was surprised. The way she acted and carried out, sometimes she seemed like a kid but a lot of the time she seemed older. She was s day older than me! "Wow," I said. "What?" she asked, not really paying attention. "You're only a day older than me!" She turned. "Really?" I nodded.

We walked a little farther in silence. Sierra led me into an area no was standing. "Okay. I know you are good with a wand. But what would happen if your wand broke or was taken? This is why I got you a knife." She handed it to me. "If you aren't prepared, you're skewered, so I gotta teach you to at least be able to use the knife."

She sighed. "If only I had the same amount of time as I did with Hermione," she said. "Oh, that's why she had a knife!" I said. She looked at me weird. "Yeah, she let a lot slip," I said. I expected her to get mad, but all she did was shrug. "Okay, you ready?" she asked, pulling out her sword.

"I usually use double swords, which is one sword in each hand. But since I'm just training you, I'm gonna use the one. I just want to see how you do. Okay?" I nodded. "Okay. Lets start." She came at me, sword raised. I panicked and whipped out my wand. "PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" I shouted. She did a backflip to nearly avoid the spell. "Really?" she said, standing up and blowing a strand of hair out of her eyes.

I blushed. "Sorry, I panicked. Wouldn't you?" She sighed. "Yes, I suppose I would. Give me your wand," she said, holding her hand out. "What?"I asked, thinking she was taking it while we fought the enemies. "So if you panic, you won't grab your wand, you'll go out with the knife, not with a spell." "Oh." I gave her my wand.

"Ready?" I nodded. She came at me. This time, I grabbed the knife and jabbed at her. My knife and her sword clashed. Her sword pushed my knife down and It flew out of my hand. "You're pretty good," she said. "Let's do it again." We did it several more times.

We sat down after a while, breathing hard and sweating. "So...." I said after a bit. "What?" I sighed. "I was wondering, have you been fighting all your life?" I asked. "Training all my life. This is the biggest fight I've ever taken place in. I don't think this will be the last, though." She sighed.

"You look so much older than you are. Especially your eyes." She smiled. "If you've seen what I have, you would, too." She sighed, deep in thought. "Try me." She looked at me, an eyebrow raised.

"Okay, I mastered how to use a sword by age seven, I've watched almost all my once friends join Kronos' Army, I lived in the Underworld, my mom is an evil witch, and to top it all off, I'm probably going to have to kill my old best friend," she said, tears starting to form in the corner of her eyes.

"Who's your mom?" I asked and instantly knew it was an awful question. "You really want to know?" I nodded.

"Bellatrix Lestrange."