chapter 48

Sierra's P.O.V.

I turned and saw someone who made me smile.

"Nico!" I said. "Hey, Sierra," he said. "Oh, get over here," I said. I wrapped my arms around him.

"He came into the hotel and asked about you. Somebody's got a little lover," Hermione said with a huge dopey smile.

Me and Nico laughed, making Hermione's smile disappear. "What? What's so funny?" We slowly stopped. "He's my brother!" I said, through some giggling. Hermione paled.

"You have a brother?" she asked. "Yeah. Well, half-brother. Hades is both our dads but we have different moms. And he was born a lot earlier," I said, putting my arm around Nico's shoulder.

"What? He's only like 13. How is he older than you?" We groaned. "Ugh! My turn isn't it?" I asked. He nodded.

"Alright. Nico was born in the 1940s but was put in an evil hotel that is filled with magic, making time seem slower. He was in there with-"

I stopped. I hadn't thought about Bianca for a while. It made me too sad to think about.

"Who?" Hermione asked. "His real sister, Bianca," I said. "Oh. Is she here, too?" she asked then saw the sadness in our eyes. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! What happened to her?" she asked.

"She,um, went on a quest and was smashed in the junkyard of the gods," I said. Nico tried to hide it but I still saw it. A tear.

"I'm so sorry," Hermione said, wrapping her arms around Nico. He was taken by surprise, but hugged her back. I smiled. Nico cleared his throat and Hermione let go.

"I have to go. I have a feeling the fighting is going to begin soon," he said. I nodded. I gave him one last hug and watched him walk away.

I took a shaky breath and turned to Hermione. I closed my eyes to hold back tears. This might be the last moments alone we will ever have. "So..." I said.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you,"she said suddenly. "What?" I asked, confused. "Not believing you about that prophecy." I sighed.

"Wanna see Olympus?" I asked, trying to change the subject. She nodded. We walked toward the Empire State Building and got in the elevator.

"Look, I know you'd rather not talk about this but it's important. No one wants you to die, Sierra. How do you know its tonight?" she asked.

"Though I understand your concern, I have accepted my fate. You should, too," I said.

"If your thinking about what Annabeth said, she was wrong. I care about you. Ginny cares about you. Nico cares. Percy cares. Ron cares about you a little more than he lets on." I snorted at that.

"The point is, none of them would accept it," she said, grabbing my arm, making me face her.

"Please don't do anything too dangerous. We don't want to lose you. I don't want to. I doubt Zeke would either," she said. I froze.

"Never say that traitor's name," I whispered. "What did he do to get you to hate him so much?" she asked. I bit lip.

"He is..." I thought for a second. "He was my only friend after Bryan left. He, um, gave me this ring," I whispered. Her eyes widened.

"He made for my eighth birthday." A tear slipped down my cheek. I took it off and read the engraving on the inside.

Happy birthday, Best friends forever.

It seemed like a big joke now. We walked in silence for awhile until we reached the throne room.

I pushed the door open with a groan of complaint from the hinges. The scene inside made my heart skip a beat.

Percy, the  giant idiot, was sitting on Poseidon's throne.

**********5 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 49**************