Infected

Shane, Glenn, Kai and myself took Zach back to the prison at lightning speed, while the others stayed behind to gather as much up as they could and follow us behind, with Michonne guiding Ana

Shane, Glenn, Kai and myself took Zach back to the prison at lightning speed, while the others stayed behind to gather as much up as they could and follow us behind, with Michonne guiding Ana. If anyone could split a thirty minute journey in half, it was Shane, so he took the drivers seat, with Glenn next to him whilst I stayed in the back with Zach to elevate his amputated leg. The injured soul was still breathing, still fighting, but the shock had taken over and left him completely unconscious.

When we eventually arrived home, Hershel and Caleb, our new resident Doctor, took charge and guided myself and Carol to assist them with looking after Zach. Carol already had plenty of experience having saved Hershel when he was attacked by a walker, resulting in him losing his lower leg. It took everyone by complete shock and terror. For so long we had been lucky, barely having any serious incidents since him; since The Governor. Everyone had become accustomed to that luck, forgetting how bad it was on the outside. Some of whom have never properly experienced it. For myself, I would never forget what it is like out there. I was in the thick of it for so long, but even I had allowed myself to believe everything could be okay for a while here.

With Caleb keeping watch over Zach, feeling confident that he would pull through, I took my place in the arena. By this point it was the evening time and the darkness cascaded over our compound, with only having a few bright flames to be able to keep a visual. We only had torches and candles alight inside the prison and certain areas outside that were concealed within thick, tall walls; to make sure we didn't attract any unwanted attention through the night.

Deciding to let out my emotions on one of our free standing punching bags, normally used for training, I kept to the same formation whilst moving faster and harder with each set. I pounded two jabs with my right fist, following on with an uppercut from my left and then a hook, with spin into a roundhouse kick. Pushing myself further and further with every round, until my body couldn't take it anymore. As I panted away, I rested my hands on the top of the punching bag and stretched out my tensed back.

"Hold on Zach, hold on!"

A wave of the past overcame me, engulfing me in its shadows, swallowing me whole.

"Andy..."

"Watch the life drain out of her!"

I shut my eyes tightly, feeling the tips of my fingers puncher the strong fabric.

"She fell."

"Momma..."

No.

"Bella."

The sound of my name through a voice so sweet brought me back from the depths that had succumbed to me. Gradually, I turned my head over my shoulder, coming face to face with my blue eyed Sheriff. He looked concerned, yet eager at the same time, as I felt a light fall of rain begin to cascade down the surface of my skin. Letting my eyes drift away from his, I straightened my back and gazed up to the sky, picking out a few dazzling stars shining through the grey clouds.