From Start To Finish

"Half of the herd

"Half of the herd..." I coughed up through the thick, heavy cloud of dust. "Half."

"I've got you." Rick pulled me up from the concrete, tucking his hands around my waist as he pushed me in front of him. "Everyone, get back! Get into your houses! Go- go!"

"Rick!" Deanna called out, moving beside us and tackling the herd head on.

"You need to get back!" Rick demanded.

"We all need to get back!" She shot back, both figuratively and physically.

"Deanna-" Regaining myself, I pulled her towards me and ushered her down the road. "Keep on my inside." I instructed as I retracted my blades and prepared myself to use them. "We have to get the kids!"

"Carl was just here—"

"He left with Ron- I can't see them." I stated, desperately searching around the crowd.

But all he could seem to do was fight; it's all we had been doing from the very beginning.

"Rick!" I yelled, quickly taking out a walker moving up behind him before forcing him to face me. "We can't fight this- not right now. We have to get our kids an take shelter." I looked intensely into his eyes, and it finally hit him.

"Okay- okay." He spun on the heels of his boots, searching around him before ushering myself and Deanna to move further down the road. "Let's move, go- go- go."

"Bella- Rick." Michonne appeared beside us, with Merle, Tyreese, Carl, Ron and Gabriel behind her.

"Good, you're safe." Rick mirrored my movements and took on several walkers with the bullets he had left in his chamber.

"There!" Deanna called out from beside me.

I angled around her and took a walker to the ground in one swift blow. "Keep moving!"

"Over here! I have Judith!" Jessie yelled from her porch.

As we ran up to her house, I processed her words. I have Judith. "Where's Charlie?"

"I- I don't know."

"Carl-" I turned around as Carl ran up the porch steps. "Where's Charlie?"

"He was with Carol at the house- an Kai. Judith was there too- I don't know why—"

With walkers on the horizon, I made my way back down the steps and looked up the road ahead. It was clear, but within less than a minute, it wouldn't be.

"I'll go—"

"No-" I tugged Rick's shirt back and pushed him up the porch. "I'm faster- you have to be here with Carl an Judith. They need you—"

"Charlie needs me- you need me." He argued.

I looked up to him with pained eyes, before gazing over his shoulder to Merle. With little option and even less time, I gave a subtle nod and Merle instantly pressed down on Rick's pressure point.