Made To Suffer

"Some are scared of the dark. Some can't wait for the lights to go off. Believe it or not, I used to be afraid of the dark as a kid. Used to think somethin' would lash out an get me. Now, I am the dark. I'm at the top of the hierarchy. The main man. The fight that never dies."

I gagged on the blood oozing from my mouth, struggling to breathe as I laid sideways against the chilled wall with my knees tucked up into my chest. The tin behind me sent shockwaves through me, as it pinched against my bare back. My vision was blurred and everything felt dazed, as I could feel the tears build up in my eyes, urging to break away down my sore cheeks. I wanted to scream, I wanted to break, to fully break, but I couldn't. I was paralysed.

"Will you be wantin' this back, or uh, should I keep it as a souvenir?" The Governor joked as he crouched down to meet my tired eyes, draping my top in front of me with one finger before dropping it to the ground. "Only kiddin', you'll be needin' it for later."

With those words, he left the room.

Everything fell silent after that.

I couldn't hear myself breathe; a part of me wondered if I was even still alive.

Even though I was alone, I felt afraid to move. Afraid of exposing myself more than I already had been. I bit down on my bottom lip, stifling the whimpers as my body trembled. I reached out with my left hand for my top, wrapping my right arm further around me to cover my breasts. Carefully, I pushed myself to sit upwards, bringing my legs in before pulling the top over my shoulders. I hesitantly let my eyes travel down to my legs, finding the tops of my thighs still exposed. My eyes shut tightly and my breath hitched in my throat, as my mind was haunted with lashes of the last hour. The flashbacks scarred deeply into my mind. Forever scolding my memory. I shakily pulled up my trousers and redid the button and zip, before wrapping my arms around my form to cradle myself.

My muscles were on fire, aching through my entire being.

I fought so hard.

I tried.

I felt blood trickle down my left arm, as I turned my head to lay witness to the small gash producing the substance. I was bloody and bruised.

"Men! Round everyone up!"

A sudden burst of life exploded from beyond the cage I was trapped in, before smoke started pushing through the bottom of the door and bullets rang through the chilled air. I shuddered at the outbreak, pushing myself up from the ground and making my way over to the door with shaky legs.

We get through today, and we do better tomorrow.

I've lost so much; Michonne, Rick, loved ones, my dignity, and my choice. But I still have family I need to take care of. People I need to save. Shane and Andrea.

"Help! In here!" I screamed as loudly as I possibly could. "Help me!"

More gunfire erupted from beyond the door, even closer than before. I shot my attention to the chair I had made the stake from and hastily picked it up with both hands before slamming it against the surface of the table. The chair broke into several smaller components. I picked up two random pieces, sharpening one against the other as best I could with the limiting time I had.

Rage was burning through me.

"I'm not dyin' here."

My fists tightened around the wooden weapons, as I took a couple of controlled breaths and steadied my stance. Feeling the energy rise, I rammed myself into the metal door with all the force I could conjure, breaking it open wide.