Try

"Oh- no, thank you

"Oh- no, thank you." Eugene waved away the silenced pistol.

"Come on, you gotta protect yourself." Noah argued, nudging the weapon even closer.

"Not if I don't go." Eugene continued.

"We're not driving all that way so we can just drive back with the wrong shit." Aiden raised his eyebrows as he handed Noah another hand gun.

"It's a dozen of these. They are consistent in appearance across manufacturers." Eugene explained, holding up the item we needed to fix the solar grid as if it wouldn't be that needle in the hay stack for the rest of us to find. "The shit will be right."

"Oh, come on Eugene." I spoke up, leaning into the wall as I sharpened my bowie blades. "It'll be a quick operation, an we'll be in an out. We wanna get it right first time, not the second or third."

"What she said." Aiden agreed.

Our so called scientist looked at me with hopeless eyes, knowing he wouldn't get anywhere arguing with me. Noah shoved the gun into Eugene's chest and he unhappily accepted it before huffing his way into the back of the van.

"Remind me why you have to go again?" Rick asked, pouting his lips down to me sarcastically.

I smiled, shaking my head before sliding the blade I was working on back in its holster and pushing myself away from the brick I was balanced on. "Because Deanna wants to spend the day training Maggie, an you're not the only one who needs a holiday from the suburbs."

"I forget you're the boss now." He said in a proud tone, walking alongside me towards the van.

"What're you talking about?" I questioned sarcastically with narrowed eyes, tilting my head towards him. "I've always been the boss."

Rick laughed inwardly, raising his eyebrows for a second before returning his gaze to me. "Be safe out there."

"Aren't we always." I remarked.

Rick turned his head over his shoulder to watch Aiden and Nicholas intensely, as they finished loading up everything we needed. "You sure you don't wanna take Kai?"

"No- no," I began, shaking my head firmly, "there's seven of us, Rick. With Kai, we won't have enough room in the van to bring back what we're going for." I caught onto his worried eyes, noting the resistance he was feeling over the two Alexandrian's whom we had never been on a run with before. "We'll be fine. Whatever happens- if anything does happen, we'll handle it."

"I know." He said softly, bringing a hand to the side of my face and closing the gap between us.

I closed my eyes, inhaling his scent as our lips moulded together. I felt him smiling against me, only causing me to smile in return and break the moment. My eyes shot open and my hands fell down against his chest, "What?"

"I jus' can't get enough of you—"

"An I thought Glenn an Maggie were bad enough..." Noah joked, reminding me we had a captive audience.