The Other Side

Rick's POV

Rick's POV

Almost seven days had passed since the Saviors traumatised the residents of Alexandria, giving them an idea of what the thirteen of us had gone through that night, and took Eugene as prisoner in the process. Eleven days since Negan had murdered our own; Hershel, Tyreese and Abraham. Six nights since my wife had given us every piece of detail she possibly could on the Saviors, their numbers, their outposts, and the wide communities that stretch out for miles, waiting to be called on.

During our visit to Hilltop, it was agreed that Spencer should stay there for his safety and ours. The last thing we need is him making an appearance at the wrong time and exposing Bella for what you could call the most mind twisting turn of events any of us had ever come across. How she did it... I don't know, because it looked as real as anything else to me. There again, she always knew how to surprise me. Once we had left Hilltop and arrived back home, we found Gabriel missing with majority of our stock. All he had left was a note, and it didn't take us long to realise the coordinates of the Junkyard community were very close to the clue he had left. Since our visit was of no surprise to them, they had us exactly where they wanted us and I didn't mind at all. After fighting Winslow, a walker with piercing shards of metal all over the body armour he had been dressed in, and defeating it, I had earned the respect of the communities leader, Jadis. We agreed on terms. They would fight, as long as we provided them with guns, and with the assurance that they would have a signifiant amount of the Saviors goldmine.

The next day we made our journey to the Kingdom, where we cannily found Morgan... and a tiger. The man I had known since near the beginning had become close with their leader, King Ezekiel, and seemed to act as a sort of advisor for him. Which, given his beliefs, did not bode well in our favour. Ezekiel didn't want to risk losing anyone in war, but what he failed to see is that he already was. One mistake is all it takes, and then a life is lost... forever. Our trip wasn't wasted though, since Morgan had found Carol after I left him that day. She had been hurt, which is how he ended up here. The Kingdom saved Carol's life, but then she left. Whether we'll see her again, we don't know, but just knowing that she is alive and okay is enough for me.

Two days later we travelled to Oceanside, a place that we thought was unknown to us before Bella's introduction. Except it wasn't. After Noah and Tara had been separated from Heath, they discovered the community for themselves and nearly lost their lives for it. The people at Oceanside were cunning and deceitful, that's all I could take away from their experience with them. But there is a reason for that; they had all suffered at the hands of the Saviors too. Once we infiltrated their community and took control, I came to realise that despite everything, they were good and genuine people. At the end of it all, the decision to fight alongside us was not for any one person to make. If they fought, it would need to be all of them and after what they had suffered, they weren't there yet. Oceanside gave us their weapons, all of them, which meant we now had enough for ourselves and enough to offer the Junkyard people.