A Beginning...

That ever glowing gold cascading across the trees.

A light breeze flowing across their skin.

For one moment in time, everything was balanced.

"You an me, huh?" Bella looked up to the man she had grown to love. Everything about him making her feel more alive, more complete than she ever knew possible.

"You an me." Rick repeated as he rose his hand to her jaw, tracing it softly with his fingers. Her mind, body and soul fulfilling him, teaching him, bettering him in every possible way.

She was his soulmate, as he was hers.

For together, they were one.

Bella and Daryl made it to Alexandria. Since Glenn and Maggie tampered with the relay, nothing had been received on the radios, meaning the pair were allowed in unchaperoned as usual.

"I should have known." Bella sighed deeply, walking down the street alongside Daryl.

"Nah, you couldn't of." Daryl reasoned.

But Bella knew in another lifetime, she would have sensed it as quick as lightning.

Before Rick and her, before what happened at Hershel's farm, she was different. She could see what others couldn't, she would always sense what was brewing beneath the surface. She could sniff out any form of bullshit and everything was as clear as a cloud-free sky to her. She always knew, and then she fell in love. Her feelings became heightened while her intense skillset became like blurred vision. Rick had become her love as well as her weakness.

"Hey," Michonne spoke quietly towards her friends, feeling the weight they had been carrying for too long.

Bella and Daryl acknowledged her as they walked down the steps to the basement.

"You sure about this?" Michonne asked gently.

Bella paused, her heart rapidly stopping and starting. Daryl noticed her hesitation and suddenly his urge for vengeance decimated, because she would always be more important to him than anything he could ever need for himself.

"Belle'," Daryl murmured, drawing her out of her own mind where voices lingered.

"Yeah, I'm sure." She answered, pushing herself in a direction that was not ass clear as she had hoped it would be, for confliction met her too.

"I'll wait out here till it's done." Michonne said with reassurance before unlocking the door, handing Daryl the keys and allowing them inside.

As they stepped into the darkened space where the cell sat, hell was breaking loose at camp.

"Maggie!" Glenn yelled across to her in trepidation as he watched a flicker of blood spray across her shirt.

"Agh!" Maggie cried out for a split second, soon forcing herself to silence as she held the wound on her upper arm. Pushing herself further behind the tree, she looked across to Glenn who was taking cover a few metres away from her. "I'm okay- I'm okay."

But that wasn't enough for Glenn, he needed to be by her side, holding her, shielding her from any form of danger. As he peered around the edge of his cover, he caught sight of the rebellion still beside the lining to the woods, firing away with what ammo they had. As fast as his legs could carry him, he leapt up from the ground and sprinted across to Maggie at her own terror. Collapsing to his knee on the ground in front of her, Glenn pressed a hand against the bark behind his wife to steady him and found himself automatically checking her wound.

"Don't do that! Why- why would you do that?" Maggie cried in panic.

"I had to." His eyes landed on hers as his hand wrapped itself around her wound, causing her to such at the air through her teeth. "I can't not be by your side."