Forever

After a couple of days at Hilltop, I returned to the Sanctuary

"Glad to finally have you back. How're you feeling?" Gavin greeted me with a smile, although I could tell there was something playing on his mind.

"I'm well, considering. I see the same can't be said for you." I remarked as we walked in through the entrance, passing by two of the lookouts either side of the doors and giving each of them a nod.

He sighed before he spoke, alerting me that what I was about to hear was not at all good. "When we got back after the run, we found some graffiti in the main quarters."

Instantly, I stopped in place and found my back stiffening. "Like last time?"

"Exactly like last time... 'Saviors save us. We are still Negan.' Like some type of threat to an uprising." He explained, the words like a beating drum in my mind, following the rhythm of my heart beat, causing my anxiety to rush.

"We still have the list of everyone that fought with us, right?"

"Right."

"I don't like revisiting the past but in this case we should." I started, checking either side of us to make sure nobody could overhear our conversation. "Everyone that stood by my brother, I want them all accounted for and I want them in the arena by noon. Can you do that for me?"

"Of course." He nodded surely.

"In the mean time, get someone—"

"I washed it down as soon as I saw it."

He read my mind like he often could, and I was grateful for it. "Thank you."

"You got it." He smiled down at me before leaving my side.

As I watched him walk away, I couldn't help but remember times of the past... when things were different. Love is a bitch. But more pressing matters were weighing on me than affairs of the heart.

Noon soon arrived, as I held the can of paint in my hand for Kai to sniff. Each of the former Saviors that had stood by my brother formed in a straight line on the other side of the arena, where we typically train to fight.

"You gonna tell us why we're here?" Justin barked.

"Not yet." I stated, putting the can to one side and signalling for Kai to check out the scent.

Each of them grew in discomfort as my, now fully grown, wolf began to sniff them over one by one. I watched their reactions intensely, fear consuming a few, while others stood without intimidation in their form. Kai flicked one paw into the dirt ground in front of each of the people that had used the paint. Turning to Daryl for a mere moment, I gave him a nod and began taking off my long jacket.

"You three- Justin, Regina an Jed, step forward." Daryl ordered.

"Why?" Justin snapped.

"Just damn well do it." Daryl said more aggressively.