Going Home

The group, consisting of Shane, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, Glenn, Hershel Jr, Ezra, Miya, and a newly introduced Minho and Gideon, alongside a temporarily unconscious Bella, made it back to the safe-house that Bella and Gideon had established before...

The group, consisting of Shane, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, Glenn, Hershel Jr, Ezra, Miya, and a newly introduced Minho and Gideon, alongside a temporarily unconscious Bella, made it back to the safe-house that Bella and Gideon had established before entering the built community in the centre of Fredericksburg. Wounds were being treated as best as they could, as preparations began for a return home and a debate on the new arrivals.

"Do we trust them?" Ezra asked, observing the two strangers who were isolated in the kitchen while everyone else discussed from the opposite side of the house in the lounge.

"Gideon saved our son. He saved Glenn." Maggie reiterated for everyone to hear, as she dabbed at one of her husbands open wounds, causing him to breath in sharply. "Sorry." She ran her hand over his, looking up to him with worried eyes.

"It's okay. I'm okay." Glenn reassured, squeezing her grip tenderly. Relief flowing through him just to know that his baby boy and wife were both safe.

"Technically, Bella saved them. He just helped." Miya spoke up, having become surprisingly fond of the woman who was once her greatest annoyance.

"Yeah, but that's what family does." Glenn expressed. "Gideon didn't have to help, he just did."

"Exactly." Shane agreed to Glenn's surprise, before unleashing his pessimism. "So what's in it for him?"

Glenn rolled his eyes, internally sighing. That figures, he's only ever been cynical across all the years I've known him.

"Does there have to be anything in it?" Michonne retorted.

"Usually is." Daryl murmured, internally sighing at least once every ten seconds.

Most of the group shared uncertain expressions between each other, unsure of how much they should say that could be within ear reach. Whereas Shane, Daryl and Miya remained unbothered.

"I don't trust him." Miya revealed, not that it shocked anyone else in the room.

"No offence, but we didn't trust you all that much when we first met you." Maggie said, grimacing slightly at the brute honesty.

"None taken." Miya shrugged, completely unfazed at the remark. The former bomb technician walked around one of the armed couches and sat down next to a grunting Daryl. The two shared a brief, narrowed look before she continued. "I didn't like any of you either. Some of you I still don't like."

"Wow." Michonne whispered under her breath, raising her brow slightly.

"You got a point to make with any of this or are you just set on offending everybody at any given turn?" Ezra crossed his arms, leaning against the mantlepiece just above the cobweb filled fireplace.

A slight smirk tugged at the edge of Miya's lips as she formed her next words carefully, albeit without restraint or worry of potential upset amongst others. "Why take offence?" She questioned, since she hadn't taken any when a similar statement was made toward her. "Just because we're what's left of the human race doesn't automatically mean we're all going to like each other. We can be a community, we can protect each other, and still be at odds somehow. That's my point."