The Next Chapter

New Character POV

New Character POV

What a profusely annoying little shit. No, profusely could never extend to just how far this piece of crap has well and truly fucked up my day.

"A- a-ni-yo- a-ni-yo!" Cried this official fucking crybaby.

"An... yo? Ania to you too motherfucker. You've not just wasted my time and resources, you've put me as number one target on the hit list to my own fuckin' people—"

"I suggest you take a step back." A stern female voice called out from the near distance, not in a shout or a holler, but in a tone so deep it was carried strongly through the wind. My narrowed eyes were snatched away from the traitorous bastard on the ground, as the sound of hooves clip clotting against the road echoed into the silence. Storm season had been approaching in recent days, and the consuming darkness consequently set in earlier as harsher chills would graze against your skin. Just as it is now, which doesn't make too good an arena against an unknown opponent. As I caught sight of the adversary, I watched her bring her horse to a stop before jumping her military boots to the solid surface below. Although very few words had been spoken, I could tell by her movement that she was not someone I needed to run into on a day like today, how unfortunate. In all black attire, like some sort of deadly assassin, her leather coat caught in the brisk breeze, waving behind her tough-looking figure. "If your people turned on you so easily, were they ever your people to begin with?"

"Do you have siblings?" I asked with a raised brow. Instead of responding, she took steady steps toward me, but the look in her eyes had already answered for her. "Then you know what it's like when you fight. It can get a little bloody." I felt a grin etch into my cheeks as I kept my focus solely on her.

"I said to step back." She repeated in a more dominating tone.

How interesting, she wore a band across her ring finger. Yet, her eyes were bright and pained at the same time. "Why do you care what happens to some china boy?"

"He's Korean, asshole—"

I dodged her, barely. She's fast. "So you have a saviour complex too?"

"Are you analysing me?" She questioned, twisting my arms within hers and attempting to lock me in place.

"Would you be offended if I was?" I asked in return. Instead of answering me, clearly becoming more agitated, she threw me onto my back in one quick sweep. What a majestic woman. "Wow."

"It's pronounced a-ni-yo, by the way." She corrected, not that I could remember what I had previously said.

"Gam-sa-ha— ju-se-yo—"

"Cho-yong-hi an-hae!" She cut off my former friend, and she speaks Korean too.

"Yet another conversation I cannot understand." I moaned.