Future

One Year & Six Months Since Negan's Imprisonment

The halls were haunted by the damp air and eery quiet. Dust floating from the ceiling, admiring the nature that had found its way inside, crawling up the grand walls. The drapes cascading down pillars were torn, fabrics decaying away over time, like most of what had been abandoned at Smithsonian Museum.

Very few walkers roamed through sections of the colossal structure to my own surprise, barely making a sound unless you were close enough to hear their snarls. Having lightly trod in stalker mode since I entered the prestigious build, I began to sprint down one of the arched corridors once my targets were aligned. Throwing myself down to my knees to slide across the marble floor, I slashed the backs of the knees of two walkers, before leaping up once I had passed them and stabbing them through the front of their skulls. I watched them fall to the ground as I wiped the dark substance against the fabric of my black combat pants.

A hushed whistle snatched my attention, causing me to look straight back down the path I had come along. It was Jesus; my friend stood below the light coming through the large glass domed roof.

*Are you done showing off with your dramatics?* He signed.

Shoving both daggers back into their holsters on my built-in-one corset, manufactured by Ezra, I sighed. *You would know all about dramatics, right?*

He smirked back at me, before we took our attention to some snarls coming from the next hallway. We both left each others sight, making our way either end of the next set of columns. As I peered around the corner, I came into view of five walkers roaming around each other. From the opposite end, Jesus grinned at me before leaping out into the hallway, running up against the wall and doing a back flip off the side, at the right angle to place him between two of the walkers. He was incredible, but I would never admit to his ability being... perhaps... slightly better than mine. Retracting my sword, hearing the blade swish into the air, I hurriedly took out two of the corpses in a swift motion, leaving Jesus to finish off the remainder.

Once we had taken out all of the walkers on the main floor, we made our way back to the entrance where everyone had been waiting, and guided them inside. We had organised this trip to procure ancient farming equipment, that had been left here, like the plow and colonial wagon, and crop seeds. Jadis used to be a school teacher, so she had taken her class here once and discovered that the museum staff stored specific seeds to rotate crops when cultivating heirloom lines for the gardens. Essentially making a doomsday vault without realising it. Knowing what was on offer here, we couldn't miss an opportunity to further secure the future of the communities. We had to go back to basics, and the supplies here were as basic as we could get.

This operation needed a lot of us in order to obtain everything we set out for, so our grouping not only consisted of myself and Jesus, but also members of Alexandria, Hilltop, the Kingdom, Oceanside and the Sanctuary. Elijah and his Treehouse community were too far out to help with such a run, especially since they wouldn't benefit from it themselves. The Alexandria crew were Rick, Shane, Michonne, Aaron, Siddiq, Gabriel, Rosita, Aiden and Jadis. The Hilltop crew were Glenn, Alden, Ken and Marco. The Kingdom crew consisted of Carol, Ezekiel and Jerry. Cyndie was the only one from Oceanside, as they were still a little shy to working with other communities. And from the Sanctuary, we had Daryl, Gavin and Arat.