2. The Beast

"Are you sure? He looks quite dangerous. There are other animals I can show you. I strongly advise that we leave the room" Greg whispers, shocked that I want the most dangerous animal he has.

I nod eagerly. "Yes, Greg. Give me the papers so I can sign and get this majestic creature out of here"

I watch as it stops growling at Greg and stares at me. It's electrifying blue eyes pierce through my blue eyes and I shiver in pleasure.

I think I've fallen in love. I think I found the one.

It has beautiful and soft looking black fur that makes it look like it was born in the shadows. If that even makes any fucking sense. It is so majestic. It's legs are strong and could definitely kill you with one swipe.

It makes it's way to me and both Greg and I tense. Greg fumbles with his walkie talkie and harshly whispers for the 'crew' to report to this room.

I can't take my eyes off the beast's eyes as it keeps walking to us. A group of armed men barge in just when the beast reaches five meters from us. He growls again and sneers.

As I stare at the large beast and study it, realisation sinks in.

Wolves can't grow up to this size. The beast literally has to crouch his neck a bit when he stands up straight.

This is no ordinary wolf. This is the mythical creature I've been studying ever since I started highschool.

This is a Midnight Wolf. One of the rarest creatures in the world. It was believed that they went exinct because humans were afraid that they would eliminate the human race. Some believed they were werewolves and would live amongst them as a human.

He must be the last of his kind. I knew it looked familiar. I just didn't know why. My excitement grows as the thought of having my favourite animal as my companion.

I love wolves! Did I mention that? Imagine how happy I am now that I just realised that this is the creature I've fantasized about for years! I've always wanted to meet atleast one mythical wolf. Now I'm going to have one as a pet.

This wolf is the most powerful wolf. It is able to force an Alpha into submission and we all know Alphas don't submit to anyone except their mates and the Moon Goddess, Selene.

Midnight Wolves prefer living alone or with their mates not with a pack. They hate being caged in or forced to follow anyone else besides their mate or Selene. They easily get angry and are very possesive and aggressive. The are other female ones too.

Talk about superiority.

"Noo!" I exclaim and raise my palms to make them stop. "Don't point that shit at it! You'll only piss him off even more. Put those away!" I tell them, thankful for knowing about wolves more than anyone.

They hate being threatened.

"Stand back ma'am" One of the guards warn me but I scoff.

"Listen to me or you will fucking die you dumb piece of shit" I sneer. "Put. The. Fucking. Guns. Down. And tell your men to stand down"

He looks like he is contemplating before he orders his men to stand down. I sigh in relief and nod at him. He nods back.

I focus my attention back to my honey dearest (the wolf). I tentatively walk to him and hold my palm out.

His growling slowly seezes when he takes notice of me approaching him. He steps forward too and I smile a little.

Please don't bite my arm off like Pennywise did to George.

"Ms. Venus" Greg hisses which makes the wolf snap his eyes to him. His chest rumbles as he growls at him. "Get back here"

I ignore him and continue walking to the wolf. He gently pushes my palm away with his wet snout before licking my face.

I squeal before erupting into a fit of laughter. "Oh my gosh!" I wipe my face with the end of my sweater.

He huffs before sniffing me all over. I freeze, not wanting him to eat me up. He is literally taller than me, by a lot. I even have to crane my neck to look at him.

Being the brave bitch that I am, I slowly raise my hand and run it through his fur. Tingles shoot up my arm and I gasp. He growls and snuggles into my hand.

"This must be a dream" I mumble. "I'm literally petting a Midnight Wolf" Just as soon as those leave my mouth, I squeal and stand on my tip toes and wrap my arms around his big neck.

I hear Greg inhale sharply and the guards tense even more. We all didn't expect that, even the wolf. He stills before completely relaxing and purrs.

I kiss his snout after I pull away and stare at him with the biggest grin. I'm so fucking happy right now. He stares at me in curiosity and an emotion I can't decipher.

"What's his name?" I ask Greg as I continue running my hands through the wolf's fur.

"Uhh we never gave him a name" Greg stutters and I chuckle.

Good. I think.

"I'll name you Grayson" I say and he perks up at the name. "You like that?" I ask him and he huffs before licking my face over and over.

As I try getting him to stop licking my face, I feel a metal on his collar.

"Is this silver?" I gasp. I feel my blood boil when Greg says yes. I turn around and face him. "Why in the fuck would you chain him up in silver!! Who fucking does that. Don't you know that silver hurts wolves! You know what? Get me the fucking papers so I can get him out of here" I snap. I can't believe they would chain him up in silver.

Even though to this type of wolf, it doesn't do much damage but the thought of Gray hurt doesn't sit well with me.

"Get him out of these stupid chains" I seethe, already tugging them myself. I stop when I hear him whimper. "Sorry, Gray" I whispers softly to him and kiss him again.

"We can't do that, Ms. Venus" Greg says and I growl.

"Greg. Remember what I said about shutting this place down? Do you know that you chaining the wolf up in fucking silver counts as animal abuse and if the press finds out your done for" I say calmly. His eyes grow wide and he orders one of the guards to unlock Gray.

Gray tenses and moves to snap his teeth at the guard but I stop him. "No, Gray. He is just freeing you, he is not going to hurt you. I promise" Even though I know he can't understand me, I reassure him.

I grin and softly pet him to stop the rumbling in his chest. The guard quickly unlocks the chains and scurries of to his post again. The chains make a clanking sound when they land on the floor.

For some reason, I'm not afraid of Gray. I feel like he'll never hurt me. I feel the whole room tense even more and the guards grip their guns firmly, ready for anything.

I look into Gray's eyes and beg him not to do anything. He makes a move to come closer to me and I hear the clicks of the guns.

"No" I warn them. Gray sits directly infront of me and pants, his tongue sticking out. Ncaww. He is so cute. I grin harder, feeling very ecstatic.

This is the beginning of something beautiful.