28. Big L

"Are you sure?" Arden asks, his face a slight pale color and his forehead glistening with small sweat.

"Yes" I nod.

"How do you know that? Venus, I understand you know lots about our kind but certain things were never mentioned in the human books"

I know that giving Gasorum my full trust might be wrong but I respect her enough not to reveal that she is the one who told me about the witches.

"A source. I agree with you but my source gave me a book with everything I have to know about the elemental witches so I know about the destruction the fore witches caused" I exlain.

He nods then sighs. "You know how close every creature was to extinction so you need to be sure about your information. I can't just go the Royals and inform them about this without solid proof" He tells me. His frown deepens and he sets down his glasses on the desk.

I nibble on my lip as I think of any possible proof of the information Gasorum told me but none comes to mind. She erased all the evidence.

"I.. I have none" I whisper, disappointed.

"I'm sorry, Venus. There isn't much I can do without solid proof but I can have the witches leave?" He offers but I shake my head.

"I'll find proof, Arden then we'll head to the Royals to inform them"

"Alright dear but it better be soon if what you say is true. The elemental witches are conniving and could attack any moment. We need to be vigilant and continue with everything like we know nothing of their plans" Arden instructs, clearly worried for his pack. And his kind.

The war took a huge toll on the creatures and they want to make sure something like that never happens again.

"I will. To make it easier Arden, why don't you inform a small group of wolves to look out for any unusual activities from the witches and Lauren too" I offer.

I think we need as many eyes we can get to watch after the witches, that way, it'll be easier to get proof for the Royals. I just hope we find it soon.

》》

So that's why my wolf didn't feel comfortable with you being alone with the witches. There is just something off about them. Now I know why. Gray says in my head.

He and I are laying on the bed in our room after we trained for the whole day. To be on the safe side, we decided to speak through the bond.

It's weird to think that people from the past predicted this and it's happening during our time. I say.

Yeah. Do you know about the prophecy?

Yes. There is supposedly someone who will be able to defeat the witches. It also said something about some sort of price to pay for the victory.

What's that?

A soul for many. Whatever the hell that means.

A soul for many? Doesn't that mean someone is going to die in order for us to gain victory?

It does?

Yeah. A soul for many, baby. Someone is going to be the sacrifice for our victory.

Who do you think it is?

Could be anyone. Could even be me.

Don't say things like that Gray. I don't like it. I don't like the thought of you dying.

He chuckles.

I'm sorry. I don't like the thought of you dying either.

Good. Now, can we talk about something else? All this serious talk is making me hungry and I'm too lazy to go to the kitchen to make some food so can you ask someone to bring it to us?

Yes, I know that I'm being super lazy but can you blame me? I'm preparing for a war against powerful beings and it's tiring to train. Though emotionally I feel fine. Great actually. Mentally and physically, not so much.

Alright, baby. I'll have someone bring us some food.

He chuckles, his big hand rubbing on my thigh in a sensual manner. I feel content with me and Gray. Though we don't have an official label yet, I know that he feels everything that I feel.

Do you love him? Spiritis Luna asks.

My body automatically tenses at the word Love. It's a very big and scary word. I really hate it when people just throw the word around like it means nothing significant. It pisses me off.

Do I love Gray?

He has been nothing but supportive and understanding of my situations and I'm grateful for that. He is patient with me and doesn't force me into doing things I don't want to do.

He is always gentle but never in that way were the relationship between us becomes boring and not adventurous. He tells me when I'm in the wrong but is never disrespectful.

He respects my privacy and my personality. He doesn't judge me or give insulting comments about my flaws. He accepts them and makes them sound like something beautiful.

Oh my gosh you should have seen his face when he saw my stretch marks. It was like he just saw Santa Claus. He gave them kisses and ran his fingers over the bumpy skin while looking at them like they're made of gold. He was so mesmerized by them. It was really heart warming.

So to answer your question Spiritis Luna, yes I love Grayson Black. I love him so much it hurts.

I will never forget the day that I adopted him or when I brought him home for the first time. Basically, I'll never forget every primary memory that I have with Gray. Even when he shifted for the first time.

Grayson has my heart and I'm happy about that.

Will you tell him? She asks.

I ponder over her question before answering. What will he say if I tell him the big 'L' word? Will he freak out? What if he doesn't love me back? What if he isn't ready to take that step into our relationship yet?

You'll never know unless you find out.

Maybe.