36. Scared Shitless

"Gray!" I chuckle nervously. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" He growls, stepping inside the room in a taunting manner.

I shiver at the dangerous look in his eyes. I'm so getting fucked.

*sticks out tongue and makes a Meghan Thee Stallion sound*

I slowly get up from the floor and make my way to him, my hands raised in surrender.

"Now, Gray. I was feeling restless so I came downstairs to get some air when I heard noise from this room and came to check it out. Now I'm sitting here playing truth or dare" I explain, keeping my voice as sweet and innocent as possible.

He sighs and runs his large hand over his face. "Come, my love. We have a very busy day tomorrow and I know for sure your going to liquidate someone into the wall then pass out from over using you powers.

You know how that stresses me" He says tiredly, his eyes already drooping.

I giggle and nod before kissing his cheek. I turn around and face the teenagers who were watching our exchange.

"Goodnight guys. Sorry I couldn't stay any longer" I tell them before pulling Gray out of the room, towards ours.

"You scared me" I hear him whisper as soon as we settle under the sheets. We lay in a spooning position with him behind me.

"Why?"

"When I woke up and didn't find you next to me, I thought something happened to you. Even though I didn't feel any pain or fear coming from the bond, I still felt scared.

Please don't do that again. Please inform me when your leaving so I know that you left. You don't need to ask for permission, I just need to know so I know nothing happened to you" He tells me, pulling me closer to his warm body.

I allow myself to see things from his perspective. He must have been panicking when he woke up to my absence.

I'm happy that he doesn't want me to ask permission to wander without him. I hate it when people dictate my life.

It may sound weird as to why be would want me to tell him that I'm going somewhere but it's a time of crisis. Anything could go wrong and we want the other to be safe.

So I understand where he is coming from completely. I would've have blown my shit if I found the bed empty.

"I'm sorry Gray. I didn't mean to freak you out" I apologise.

"It's okay, my Luna. You meant no harm" He purrs in my ear, making me shiver. His warm breath fans my neck, causing goosebumps to form.

Gray is so sweet. If only I met him sooner. And damn, the nicknames. My gosh!

"Gray" I call after a moment of silence.

"Mhm" He hums, his chest vibrating as he purrs in the crook of my neck.

"You mean a lot to me. Thank you for being there for me. For your patience and understanding. I would've have lost my shit without you"

"No, baby" He says. "Thank you"

"What for?"

"For helping me out of that cell, sheltering me and providing food for me. I barely ate during my time inside that cold cell. I will forever be grateful to the Moon Goddess for gifting me such an amazing mate" He says.

I turn my body and stare into his blue orbs. It's ironic how I named him Grayson when in actual fact, his name is Grayson.

Gosh I love this man. More than anything in the world.

Different emotions swirl in his eyes as his eyes sweep over my face, like he is trying to memorize it and store it deep somewjere in his mind.

"Your gorgeous, mate" He whispers, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Right back at you, bud" I wink.

He blushes before softly kissing me.

Yes, we did the hanky panky.

》》

Normally, it is rare for me to have stomach pains but this past few days, my stomach has been aching non stop.

Every night, at about 3:30pm, I'd jump out the bed and puke my guts out. My mood swings are all over the place and my appetite has sky rocketed.

I'm not some dumb main character that ignores the very obvious symptoms and continue on with her life then act surprised once I find out I'm pregnant.

It's pretty obvious. I'm pregnant... and I don't know how to feel about it. How is Gray going to feel about this.

I'm excited, happy, disappointed and frustrated about my discovery because if we're being honest here, it's very bad timing.

Here we are planning a war and now I have to be extra cautious due to the baby inside of me. I don't think Gray is going to even allow me to fight the war when he finds out.

I'm sure he'll understand that your the key to victory.

Maybe. But I don't really want to tell him.

Why? He made this baby with you did he not?

He did but... I don't want to worry him.

Your already worrying him with all your sickness.

Sigh. I know.

I'll tell him. Today even. I refuse to be that main character who hides her pregnancy from her boyfriend. I'm not stupid.

I'm scared.