39. War Ball

After our whole cliche movie scene, Gray and I headed back to our room to get ready as the time for the ball was nearing.

A small girl, no less than 18, entered our room with a suit and dress in her small arms. She handed us to them and told us that the King and Queen sent them to us. After showing our gratitude, we showered and prepared ourselves for the evening.

Because it's a royal ball, I know it's the time to play dress up. Every girls dream. Well... it was never mine but.. meh.

I do my make up as fancy and elegant as I can, making sure my eyeliner is winged to perfection. My lips are tainted a blood red, the colour of my dress and my hair is in a sleeked ponytail that hangs low. ( Yes, I did my edges and I made sure not to use Gorilla Glue)

After that, I delicately put the dress on, making sure not to ruin my hair or my make up because it took forever to perfect.

The dress is silky and bodycon that hugs all my curves, also allowing my small bump to be visible and flows from my knees downwards. It's neckline is low and very revealing if I must say but I like it.

I pair the outfit with some black strappy heels and a clutch of the same material as the dress. I spritz some rose perfume before checking if the 'girls' are sitting properly then exit the bathroom.

HOLY SHIT! Who the FUCK is this handsome son of a bitch?!

"Gray, what the fuck!?" I gasp, raking my eyes over his suit clad form.

The suit is an original black and is paired with a silky red bow to match my dress. A small red rose is clipped on the pocket of his suit jacket and some shiny formal shoes cover his large feet.

His hair is jelled back yet still lightly messy. He smells like a whole FUCKING meal and shii.. I'm ready to devour him.

"What?" He blushes, checking himself for some dust or dirt.

"Are you deliberately trying to make me throw you on the bed and fuck you? Do you want me to 34+35 you? What the actual fuck Gray?

This amount of handsome-ness needs to be illegal. I fucking can't" I exasperate, mumbling that last sentence to myself.

"I'm sorry?" He says, his words coming out in a confused question.

"Your innocence is making it worse!" I groan.

He chuckles. "You look gorgeous, my love. Though I am not happy about the amount of chest action happening but if your happy with it then I'll deal with it" He compliments then pecks my forehead.

I sigh. "You really think I'm gorgeous?" I ask. If I was reading a book and the character said this, I would have rolled my eyes and scoffed at her but I now understand.

It's strange to think that someone as sexy as Gray would call someone way out of his league 'gorgeous', you easily don't believe him.

Hearing him say I'm beautiful feels amazing. It increases my confidence levels and it makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. But totally not in an arrogant type of way.

"I want to roughly penetrate you myself" He says and I laugh.

"Later, you horn dog" I giggle. "Let's get going. We're already past being fashionably late" I tell him as I fix his tie and grab his hand and lead him to the ballroom.

The two guards standing before the thick double doors nod at us before pushing the heavy doors open, making them groan. How old is this place?

The ballroom is filled with all sorts of beings dressed elegantly and holding a flute of champagne in their hand. Laughter fills the room as the beings converse with one another.

But all the conversations turn into murmurs as Gray and I step into the room. Eyes watch us like hawks as we make our way to the middle of the room, where the dance floor is.

Once we reach it, I wrap my arms around Gray's neck and he pulls us impossibly close by snaking his large arms around my waist. My heartbeat quickens and I'm sure he can hear it.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look?" He whispers in my ear, making me shiver at the feel of his warm breath on my neck.

Well, I'm definitely soaked.

"Yes, you did" I blush.

"Good. Because you do. I'm lucky to have such a sexy woman as my mate"

"Jeez, Gray. I'm already soaked, do you want me to drip all over the damn dance floor?" I mumble.

He laughs at my distress and I glare at him. I don't see the humour in being this wet.

"I'll make sure to fix that problem later" He says seductively.

I wack his shoulder and narrow my eyes at him. I open my mouth to scold him but I'm cut of by Derek.

"Excuse me" He says, catching both our attention. "May I steal her from you, Mr. Gray. Only just for a few minutes. I'll be sure to bring her directly to your arms right after"

Gray narrows his eyes suspiciously at the teenage boy then hands me off reluctantly.

"Her mood dampens and I will have your balls" Gray threatens before kissing my cheek. "I'm going to look for Darius. He said he wanted to speak to me anyways. Mindlink me when this boy is done with you" He tells me before walking away.

I watch his retreating figure before it gets sucked into the swarm of bodies then turn my body around and face the grinning Werewolf prince.

He weaves our fingers together with one hand then places another hand on a respective place on my back.

"Hello Derek. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"It's been a long time since we've spoken" He shrugs. "I saw you entering the room and thought I should come say hi"

"But we're not friends?" I say.

"So" He laughs but I don't. "Look, it's no secret that I like you and that I try to use every moment I can, to atleast talk to you. I won't try anything funny because I know your mate would rip my head off and my father won't be able to do anything about it because your mate is much more stronger than he will ever be" He states, shocking me.

"And how did these feelings appear? We've never interacted until that night and even after that, I never saw you again" I ask.

"I've been watching you from afar. Your beautiful. Classy, elegant, thoughtful, very clumsy, mature, kind and funny. Apsects that I find attractive in a woman" He says nonchalantly.

I roll my eyes. He sure must be the ladies man. "I'm sorry your feelings aren't reciprocated" Is all I can say.

My stomach suddenly drops and my brows crease. Something is going to happen.