11. Werewolves Are Real

"I-I was never blonde" I whisper and drop my gaze to my fingers.

"The fuck, V!" She screeches. Why is she panicking so much? "Oh my gosh, V" She mumbles.

Her fists grip her hair and she begins pacing. "What? What's wrong?" I ask, feeling the fear seep through my skin.

"The Alpha is going to be so mad, V. He is going to think Chris and I are working with your kind. I'm-we're so dead!" She cries.

Alpha?

"What?"

"Venus, do you know what you are?" She gapes.

"I-I'm not sure. I feel like you know something different from what I know" I say, panicking too.

"Get dressed, V. Now" She hisses then scrambles to my closet and throws all my clothes out.

Even though I still don't understand what's going on, I oblige and find a duffle bag hidden under my bed and stuff the thrown clothes inside. I grab all my underwear too and shove them in my already full bag. She forces me to wear one of my other wigs too to cover up my hair.

"Come on, Gray" I yell while rushing after a very pale Jenni. I hear paws scrape on the floor when Gray slowly jogs out with us.

Jenni throws my bag in the back and slams the door shut after Gray quickly hopped in. Funny enough, Jenni has a large SUV but she doesn't even have a pet. I jump in the front and Jenni jumps in the drivers seat.

I'm not even buckled in properly when she speeds out the complex.

We drive for about an hour until she takes a left into the woods. Even though the woods are thick with trees (and also super creepy) there seems to be a path leading us to our destination.

The road is bumpy as fuck and it becomes even worse because Jenni is driving like she is driving against Lewis Hamilton. Yes, I watch Formula One. Team Mercedes all the way.

I groan when my head hits the window. Hard. "Jenni" I whine, clutching my head.

"Sorry" She mumbles but doesn't make any move to slow down.

After another hour and thirty minutes of watching the trees grow thicker yet the path still present and big enough for three cars, we reach a large gate with two large men standing on opposite sides of it.

We pull up at the gate and come to a stop. My head spins a bit at the sudden stop but I ignore it.

One of the men walk to Jenni's side and she rolls her window down. The man inhales deeply before huffing.

"You have a rouge in the car. I'm going to have to make you step out" He demands, his voice stern and scary.

The fuck is this guy? All demanding and shit. "No no no. It's not a rouge, it's just my friend's dog" She says. I purse my mouth to stop from correcting her.

Gray is no damn dog. He is a wolf.

"I do not care" He barks, his eyes glowing a bright yellow.

No fucking way! Only specific people can do that shit.

His eyes glaze over and I come to the realisation that he is mindlinking. It makes me wonder if Jenni is one of them.

Well duh, when the beanie fell of your head, she said something about her Alpha being very mad at both her and Chris.

Ohh she's so going to get it.

"Don't move an inch" The man warns, glaring at us. I gulp and turn my head away from his piercing gaze. I can feel my ass getting sweaty, that's how scared I'm. "The Alpha is on his way"

He then moves back to his post as if nothing happened. I know his buddy is mindlinking him because of the way he zones out on the hood of the car.

"You are so dead, Jenni. I don't fucking care if your Alpha kills you first. I'll do voodoo on your dead ass to bring you back the  kill your lying ass again" I hiss, clenching my fists on my lap.

"I know" She whispers.

Not long after, the gate opens and a large brown wolf emerges from the darkness with three other smaller wolves following behind him. He may not be as large as Gray but he is quite large.

That must be the Alpha. This is real. This is so real and I'm not dreaming. I'm literally sitting in a car, next to my werewolf best friend and my supposed mate in the back.

Werewolves are real. And their scarier in real life than what they make them sound like in the books I read or the movies I've seen.

*cough* Twilight *cough*

The Alpha shifts into a man who looks like he is 50 or something. Something about him reminds me of the guy I saw that night when Gray shifted. But an older looking version. The rest of the wolves following him don't shift. One of the guards who was standing near the gate when we arrived, quickly hands him some clothes.

Yeah thanks man. I really don't want to see old man dick.

Jenni tenses. "He wants us to get out the car" She whispers.

"The fuck!" I gasp. "There is no fucking way I'm going out of this car. I know that would be disobeying him and he'd see it as a challenge but I'd rather take that chance, thank you very much" I fold my arms on my chest.

"Venus, we have no fucking choice. He is an Alpha and you know his capabilities more than anyone. Let's go" She snaps before climbing out the car.

I groan. "Okay, Gray. If he decides to attack me, I want you to kill him okay? This time I give you my permission to gobble someone up" I tell him then nod and climb out the car.

The grass crunches under my weight when I walk to the back and open the door for Gray to hop out.

I hear them tense once they see Gray. He is larger than all of the wolves here, even the Alpha. Gray tenses too and stands protectively infront of me, snarling at everyone.

"S.. son?" The Alpha gasps before collapsing on the ground and begins sobbing.