20. Drained

"I don't know what happened to her. I just saw a naked Gray carrying her to the pack house" The first thing I hear is a familiar bitchy voice, belonging to my dear best friend.

"Where were you?" That was Arden.

"Chris and I were coming back from work. That's where we then saw Gray and Venus" Jenni explains.

"Did you know about her?" Arden asks.

"No. I only found out the day I brought them here. Her beanie fell off and as soon as I saw her hair, I brought her here. I didn't think that Grayson would be our lost future Alpha"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I... forgot" She sighs. "Forgive me, Alpha. It slipped my mind as soon as you mentioned Gray being your son"

"It is alright, Jenni. I don't even think I would have wanted to hear what you had to say at that time" Arden brushes her off.

I take their silence as the opportunity to open my eyes. The first thing I notice is that I'm in my room. Jenni and Arden are standing on the left side of the bed, now speaking in hushed tones.

"Hi" I croak, feeling really drained. Their heads snap to me then Jenni rushes over.

"Hey, V. How are you feeling?"

"Like I was doing ballet everyday, non stop" I snort but too tired to even roll my eyes.

She chuckles. "You were out for three days straight. Do you remember what happened?"

"No" I shake my head. "I only remember walking through the pack with Gray. I don't know what happened after that"

"Venus-" She sighs, her voice all of a sudden serious. She takes a seat next to my abdomen and gently rubs my hand. "Pack members recall seeing you glow. They said you said something about you being the Moon Goddess and that you need help with finding your coven. Do you remember that?"

Images of three days ago play in my head and I suddenly remember what happened.

I spilled the beans that day. To EVERYONE. I wonder if that's all they said about what happened. Whether they called me weird or something.

"Yeah, I do now" I whisper.

"Is it true? Are you really... the Moon Goddess' daughter and half witch?"

"Yes to the whole Moon Goddess thing but I'm not so sure about the witch thing" I answer.

"Venus, I went to the library last night and read up on witches. There is a book for each known coven. After tons upon tons of searching, I found your coven.

The white in your hair is a representation of your coven. Your whole coven has white hair despite their name Tenebris phoenix.  That means dark phoenix in latin, by the way.

I'm guessing the black represents the Moon Goddess. I have sent a few wolves out to search for your coven to inform them about you due to Gray's orders. I hope they find the coven and bring them back here safely so they can help you" Arden finally speaks up, showing immense concern.

I nod. "Where is he?"

Knowing who I'm referring to, Jenni answers. "He went out for some air. He has been in his human form ever since you passed out"

My eyes widen at the information. Gray is in his human form right now? That's the longest he has gone without shifting back.

It's ironic how he should be used to being in his human form and saty for a short period of time in his wolf form. But I guess fate has a different plan for him.

"Would you like me to call him?" Arden asks and I nod.

"You scared me, you know" Jenni mumbles after Arden leaves the room.

"How?"

"I thought you were hurt or worse... dead! Do you know how worried I was? If I wasn't able to hear your heartbeat I know I would have followed you to wherever you went.

You can't just do that, Venus! You can't scare us like that? We were so scared, Venus. Rouges are busy roaming the border and I thought one of them got you.

I just... please don't ever do that shit again or I will kill you myself" She yells before whispering that last part.

"I'm sorry, Jenni but it's really not my fucking fault. I can't control it. I can't stop it. I just happens. I'm not trying to fucking scare you. Heck how can I when I'm scared myself.

This is all fairly new to me. I was hoping you'd be the one to understand but I guess I was wrong" I snap.

Jenni thinks that just because I know about all of this that I'll cope well when everything is forced on me. I'm human. I have only read about these sort of shit, not dealt with them.

I need Gray. He is the only one in this place that actually listens to me. He is the only one that seems to understand what I'm feeling.

He is the one that can make me feel better.

"I'm sor-"

"Get out" I cut her off.

"Venus-"

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT! GET OUT JENNIFER!" I scream, the tears already moistening my cheeks.

She nods and obliges. Just as she shuts the door, Gray slips in. This time, he is wearing a nice crisp suit that makes him look like some Abercrombie and Fitch model.

Sexy and hot.

"What's going on? Are you okay? Why were you yelling?" He fires, walking over before climbing next to me and lays on his side, his elbow supporting his head.

How I'd love to give you one.

"Can we not talk about it now. I just want to rest" I say.

He nods and curls up on my side. Even in human form, he behaves like a wolf. It's an adorable sight to see.

I run a hand through his soft hair, just the way he likes and sigh. "What would I do without you Gray?" I whisper.

He lifts his head and stares at me through his long lashes.

"You glowed again, Venus" He states.

"Yeah. I know" I smile softly.

"I ordered my father to send wolves out in search for your coven. If finding it is going to make you better than I'll do it. Even if it means using my power on my father" He says.

I can see that Gray doesn't like using his power of his people much. Mostly his parents. But to know he did something he does not like doing just for me, make my heart skip a beat.

"Thank you, Gray. You did not have to do that though"

"No. I should. It is my duty to make you happy, safe and healthy and I'd do anything to achieve that"

Damn, he's good.

I give him a soft peck on the lips then snuggle into his warmth.