32. Stripping Queen

I glare at the puppy look Gray is giving me and hug my McDonald's meal closer to me while munching on a long fry.

He makes the whimpering sound and I throw my head back with a groan. "Fine! Just a little" I mumble then begrudgingly share my McChicken meal with him.

He gives my cheek a wet smooch before biting out a huge chunk out of my untouched burger. I gasp and stare at him in horror.

"You dog!" I exasperate and playfully slap his shoulder.

"Mhmmff mmffuffe" He mumbles with a full mouth.

"Swallow Gray" I say in disgust, my face cringing away from him.

"I said, I'm offended" He says after swallowing. I roll my eyes then pop another fry in my mouth.

It's been a day since the incident with the King and Gray and I've healed impeccably since. When I woke up, Gray walked in with my McDonald's before kissing my forehead.

During my semi-coma state, Darius called all the Kings and Queens for a SEM and apologised to both Gray and Arden for his unwelcoming behaviour.

"Morning love birds" Nella greets, walking in with her graciousness and nods at us with a polite smile.

"Morning Nella" I grin.

"Already indulging in fast foods? I don't know how you have such a nice body but you eat like a rogue" She snorts, very un-Queen like behaviour.

I love this woman.

"It's in the jeans" I wink before we burst into a fit of giggles, causing Gray to groan.

Lauren walks in, politely greeting us before she is handed her food, just like Nella.

"Venus, Lauren, would you like to take a walk around the castle with me? Just to familiarize yourselves with this old place?" Nella offers, her perfectly shaped brow raised.

"Sure" I smile. I kiss Gray on the cheek and promise to see him later before following Nella and Lauren out the kitchen.

"There is a place I want to show you ladies. It's where I escape to when being a Queen becomes too overwhelming" Nella explains as she leads us out the door and into the dark forest. Four guards automatically follow us but stay a couple feet away from us.

The weather is nice and cool with the clouds covering the sun. I can tell it's going to rain tonight.

I wonder what Gasorum and Ignis are up to right now. They declined the offer on staying with us in the castle, saying they don't feel comfortable with being surrounded by so many wolves.

At first I was sceptical of their excuse then I realised why. Whenever we were not training, they never showed their faces. I never understood why but now I do.

Witches and werewolves don't get along. And I know the Darius would blow a fuse if he saw the witches who are sisters to the ones that want to eliminate everyone.

I just hope they aren't planning to betray us, they've already grown on me.

Nella leads us through the thick forest as if she has been walking through here for forever.

We walk for about 30 minutes before we reach a clearing and I'm awed with the scenery infront of my eyes. It's a field of lavender!! My second favourite flower after the forget-me-not.

"It smells amazing" I gush, greedily inhaling the enchanting smell.

Lauren hums in agreement. "I agree"

"I'm not surprised why you would come to this place to get your thoughts together. It's beautiful" I tell the Queen, who is staring at the flowers with a smile.

"Being the Queen of Werewolves is exhausting, more especially for a human. I never thought that creatures from the movies actually exist. I mean, humans were told that movies lie so don't believe every thing they potray in them" She says.

My eyes grow wide. "Your human?!" I blurt, shocked.

"Yes" Nella grins. "Darius found me a few years ago when his friends took him to a strip club to celebrate his birthday. I was on stage when they walked in" She explains, her eyes telling us she is thinking about that day.

The thought of Nella being human AND a stripper is amusing. She looks too elegant to be human and a stripper. I guess it's the amount of years she spent with the supernatural creatures taught her this graciousness.

"I know it must be freaky and scary being surrounded by so many beings but you get used to it. It becomes a norm.

I remember I kept thinking they were going to eat me while I was sleeping and I always slept with one eye open until I allowed to spend some time with them and learned they the nicest people I've ever met. Fiercely loyal too"

It's comforting to know that the Queen knows exactly how I feel right now. She understands how over bearing this life is.

"Yeah" I whisper. "But your story is totally worse because you knew nothing of the Werewolves. Absolutely nothing" We laugh.

"True" She says.

"How is being Queen like?" Lauren asks. For a minute I forgot she was even here.

Lauren doesn't really socialise. She is more of a stay back and observe kind of person, just like Gasorum. It's a wonder how she is Luna if she is so quiet but I guess it's her heart and spirit. She may look like a silent wallflower but as soon as she opens her mouth, it's a different story.

I love that about Lauren. She is easy to underestimate but hard to read. You'll look at her and think 'meh. She doesn't deserve the Luna title' then she'll hand your ass to you. Total badass.

"It has it's ups and downs. You solve issues Alphas can't solve on their own and help packs regain their strength. It can get overwhelming and there's lots of paperwork. That's practically it" Nella tells Lauren.

Lauren nods, soaking the information. "Do you have any kids?"

That has Nella's face glowing like a light bulb. "Yes. A baby girl, a 18 year old son and a 4 year old boy"

I smile at the thought of kids. I wonder how Gray and I's kids are going to be like. Will they have his personality and my looks? Or vise versa? Are we going to have a girl or a boy first? How many kids are we going to have?

These thoughts have my head spinning and the next thing I know, my eyes roll to the back of my head for a second and I sway on my feet.

What's wrong with me?

"Venus?" Lauren's concerned voice sounds so far away.

Before I can even respond, my legs give out and I fall on the ground, the darkness consuming me.

A/N

What do you think is wrong with Venus?🙄 Comment what you think😆

Love yall
Fezikhumalo❤❤❤