40. War Ball pt. 2

Lol this was supposed to be an epilogue but because I keep writing unnecessary shit in the chapters, I had to extend the story😂

Anyways. Please vote, comment and share my story.

Love yall
Fezikhumalo ❤❤

--------------------------------------

Just as Derek opens his mouth to respond a large explosion is heard from outside the double doors.

The music is cut off and everyone moves to the door to check what all the commotion is all about.

Before anyone can leave the room, they burst open and a dishreveled guards stands there panting.

"The witches are here!!" He yells.

Everyone's game face is put on as we hurry out the ballroom to outside.

Where are you Gray? I mindlink.

Right here. Just after he says that, his large hand grabs mine gently and pulls me with him to the front of the large group.

When I step outside, my stomach churns at the sight. Blood is everywhere and warriors are fighting for their lives against... humans?

What are humans doing here? I mindlink Gray again. His body has suddenly become tense and I notice that the colour on everyones faces has drained, even the vampires, who are naturally pale.

These aren't regular humans, Venus. These are hunters. Hunters of all kinds of beings. I gasp at his words.

These bitches brought hunters from all over the world as their army! What the actual cheating fuck?

"ATTACK!" Gray yells, charging forward.

He leaps and shifts into his massive wolf mid air and lands on one of the hunters, effectively ripping his head off, not giving two shits about his suit.

Everyone else follows. Attacking the hunters viciously. Blood spatters everywhere and the nice attires they are wearing get ruined by the thick substance.

Where are the Avengers now, Marvel fans?

Releasing a shaky breath, I let out a war cry before charging for one of the hunters who was already charging for me.

I concentrate really hard on his throat and watch as he halts his running, clawing his throat and gagging for oxygen. I use my water powers to clog his throat, cutting off his air supply.

They may be hunters but they are still human. Humans are easy to kill.

He drops on the ground with a thud and I grin, he's dead. Listening intently, I hear loud footsteps running towards me.

Another hunter. Smirking, I swiftly turn my body and raise my palm, using my earth powers, I lift a huge wall of ground on each side of the hunter and quickly squash him with them.

Not wasting another second, I move onto another hunter. Because he is near the trees, I grow their roots to wrap around his arms and legs before ripping him apart.

Brutal.

Many hunters follow and all of them die painfully before I notice that Lilek is in trouble. Three hunters surround her, circling her threateningly.

I huff before brewing up a tornadoe, also growing roots on Lilek's feet to keep her rooted then have the tornadoe harshly spit the hunters on the castle walls. Before they land on the ground, I liquidate the wall and mold them inside, leaving just their eyes out.

"Thank you" Lilek breathes before leaping on a hunters back and snapping their neck.

Before I can even blink, water surrounds me, engulfing me in a water bubble with no air.

My lungs burn for oxygen as I twist my body to face Aqautis.

Her eyes glow a bright blue as her palm is flowing with blue mist. She swings her palm to the right, sending me flying towards a tree. I land painfully on my back on the tree before falling on the ground.

I cough out the water that managed to enter my throat. "Well, well, well. Look who we have here. Venus the human weapon" Aqautis sneers, her body drawing closer to mine.

"Fuck you" I cough before lifting myself of the ground.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I'd be careful with your words, my dear. You don't know what I can do" She snickers.

I roll my eyes. Villains and speeches. Like, can you shut the fuck up and start fighting?

"Meh" I shrug before charging at her.

She dodges my punch and manages to land on my stomach. I groan then twist my body into a roundhouse kick, landing it perfectly into her jaw.

Stupid bitch.

Before I can mentally celebrate my small success, she punches my face repeatedly, not stopping to breathe. I manage to grab her fist before headbutting her.

She makes a "oomph" sound before kicking my knee, hard. I yell out as I collapse on the ground.

"You keep underestimating me, Venus" She laughs hysterically before kneeling infront of me."Let me get this clear, you will never. Ever. Beat me. I will always be better than you, remember that" She growls.

My eyes wander to the back of her head as I see an approaching figure. Gray.