19. Whispers

Lick.

Lick. Lick.

Lick. Lick. Lick.

Whine.

"What Gray?" I groan and peek through my eye.

He licks my cheek and whines again. I let out a cry before climbing out the bed. I exhale deeply and rub the spot under his jaw.

People, you must not forget that Gray is HUGE so when I rub him from a seated position, I am looking up at him.

Yes. I am always craning my neck when I pet Grayson. Both in a sitting position and a standing one.

"Did you shift back during the night?" I ask him. Nodding, he sniffs me then licks my cheek.

"Alright then, let's go to the bathroom. We'll take a bath together then head downstairs for breakfast. How does that sound?" He nods and skips to the bathroom. I giggle and walk after him.

Gray and I bath together when I decide it's time for him to bath. I've grown used to being naked infront of him and I am not ashamed of my body.

Sure I have stretch marks but so what? They're a gorgeous flaw that I honestly don't want to get rid of.

I know this is weird but I always shampoo and condition his fur. Though at my apartment, his shampoo and conditioner has a pine wood and ocean scent just like he smells. But here there are only feminine one's so I'll have to use them.

Strawberries and vanilla it is Gray.

I let Gray shake his fur out the balcony after our bath and get dressed in a yellow sundress and some sandals. Not my style but it will do for now.

"Race you to the kitchen, Gray!" I squeal and rush down the stairs. Not long after, the sound of his claws rushing down the stairs follow me.

I let out a scream when he brushes past me, leaving me to bite the dust.

When I reach the kitchen, I'm panting slightly and Gray already has his head buried in the bowl of food he eats in.

"Damn Gray. You were supposed to go easy on me" I whine. He just huffs then completely ignores me.

"So you guys fucked?" Jenni is ofcourse the asshole that says that and I glare at her.

"Not everyone is horny, Jenni. If you keep saying all these nasty comments I will be forced to tell Chris about your period days" I threaten her.

Her cheeks bloom a red color as Chris stares at her in question. I smirk in truimph and sit on one of the barstools open.

"So what happened after we left?" Chris asks.

"We went and got some food here then went back to the room to talk. We spoke about a lot of things then we went to bed. That's it" I rush out and shrug.

I really don't feel like telling them about the heated kiss we shared last night. I want to revel in the feeling of being the only one knowing about what happened between me and Gray.

Sure they are my best friends but somethings I just don't want to share with them. I feel like everything that happens between me and Gray should stay between us. I feel like the moments we share together are private. Secrets for us only.

"Something happened didn't it?" Jenni questions, her gaze scrutinizing me.

"Where is the Alpha and Luna?" I change the topic after noticing the Alpha and Luna's absence.

"Alpha went to the border because the guards sensed a rouge and the Luna went to the pack clinic to help with the new mothers" Chris informs me.

I nod and dig into my breakfast.

"Gray smells different. What happened?" Jennis questions.

"I bathed him today" I answer.

As soon as I'm done eating breakfast, I take Gray out for a walk.

Pack members stare at Gray in awe. I'm guessing they've never seen a Midnight Wolf in real life. Gray lifts his head higher and his aura intensifies.

They bow in submission, their wolves inclined to. I am sure I've mentioned this before but I'll mention it again.

Midnight Wolves are the most superior wolves. They are like royalty. All other wolves below them feel a natural sense of submission to them. Even Alphas.

So I am not surprised to see every pack member bowing to Gray, who then nods back. It has been this way for a very very long time.

The whispers grow each second. Each member having something different yet similar to say.

Is that a Midnight Wolf?

Who is the woman walking next to the Midnight wolf?

Why is the Midnight Wolf here?

Is our pack in trouble?

The whispers go on and on until I force myself to ignore them.

An hour into our walk, I start feeling dizzy. I begin walking slower. A huge wave of power bursts through me, making me go weak on the knees.

I manage to get up on my feet and look around. The members have their mouths hanging open and their eyes as wide as soccer balls.

"What?" I whisper, confused.

"Yo... your glowing" One of the males who were passing by stutters, pointing at me. Again? I raise my hand. And there it is. I'm glowing.

The power flowing through me is like no other. I can feel it coursing in my blood. My body is buzzing with energy, glowing like an LED light.

"Hello everyone. My name is Venus Brown, daughter of Selene. The Moon Goddess. I seek your guidance in finding my true identity for I am a not only The Moon Goddess' daughter, I am half witch.

My coven's name is Tenebris Phoenix which means Dark Phoenix in latin. They will be able to help me find my true self" I say, in a strong angelic voice.

I don't get to see the look on people's faces as I black out.