22. The Voice

"Alright, Venus dear. Now that your wolf mate is gone, we can begin training. But before we begin, tell me everything unusual that has happened to you so far" Terra says.

I sigh then inform her of every weird thing that happened to me. I start from the very beginning when I first adopted Gray up to a month ago when I glowed for the second time during my walk with Gray.

I leave out the part about me being the Moon Goddess' daughter and tell them about me glowing and telling the people that I need to find my coven.

They all listen intently, soaking the information in and processing it. Ignis and Gasorum stare at me intently while Terra and Aquatis give me weird looks that I can't decipher.

"Do you know who your parents are?" Ignis asks. Why is it that her voice is always stern and scolding?

It's unnerving.

"No. I've been an orphan all my life. At the age of twelve, I started going from foster home to foster home"

My life has never been easy. Every home that I've been to would abuse me in some sort of way. Some would even physically abuse me.

They would call me a freak because of my hair or the way I behaved. All the homes rejected me, sent me back to the orphanage claiming that I am not a good fit to their family.

It was only at the age of 18 where I decided, fuck this. I'm tired of depending on other people to find happiness. I'll find it on my own. So I found a job and as soon as I had enough money to afford rent, I left.

I was on my own until Jenni and Chris found me. From then on I had less stress.

"Do you remember anything you heard from the orphanage that involved you? Maybe something you heard while you eavesdropped?" Aquatis asks.

I shake my head. Something about Aqautis and Terra unsettles me. I feel like I shouldn't tell them much.

"No. The women from the orphanage never spoke about the kids in the offices, only when they met up at their houses which we never went to anyway"

"Then how do you know they discussed you in their houses?" Terra speaks, her voice sounding sceptical of me.

I'm sceptical of you bitch.

"Because they would always plan it infront of us" I answer.

Do not trust these women. There is something off about them. A voice in my head speaks.

My eyes widen and I snap my head in different directions to find the source of it.

Who was that?

"Are you okay dear?" Terra asks, her voice laced with fake worry.

"Yes" I lie, managing to muster a fake smile. "Just heard a mosquito. That's all"

"We need to start training her, Aqautis. Asking all these questions will get us nowhere" Ignis scoffs, crossing her arms and rolling her fiery eyes.

Aquatis hums, a thoughtful look on her face. "Your right, Ignis. We should begin. For this week, I'll be training you and for the times your not training, you'll be training with the wolves. Combat skills are important in this world" She instructs.

Gasorum gives me a look I can't decipher before disappearing, leaving smoke in her presence.

She was trying to tell us something. I do not know what it is but I am sure we will find out soon. The voice speaks again.

Who are you?

I am a part of your mother's spirit. Every daughter of hers has the power to speak to a part of their mother's spirit. It is exactly like having a wolf within you.

So you communicate with me using my head and you help me during difficult times?

I help you all the time, Venus. It is just that I could not talk to you due to you not acknowledging your kind.

So now that I have, what else will I discover about me that I didn't know?

That you must figure out yourself. I can only do so much for you.

What is your name? Do you have one?

Yes. I am Spiritis Luna.

Such a pretty name.

Thank you. You must focus now, Venus.

Oh, right! But before I do, will you still be here.

I'll always be here, Venus.

"Venus!" Aquatis yells, making me jump.

"Yes?"

"Focus!" She snaps and glares at me. "We need to head to the waters. It will be much easier to train you there" She instructs then walks away.

Quickly, I follow her with a sigh.

She is the one I am most suspicious about. She seems more of than the earth witch.

Why do you say that?

We are yet to find out.

The sound of water reaches my ears after a few minutes of walking. Aquatis lets out a happy sigh as we walk closer to the water.

A beautiful river runs down the path, most definitely serving as a border between two packs.

A few patrolling wolves, walk past us and give us an acknowledging nod. Aquatis turns around and faces me.

"Water is life, Venus. Without water, there would be no life. Mastering water isn't as easy as it looks. Sure it is light on the hand but it grows heavy when carried for a long time.

You must remember never to over use your powers. It is unhealthy and could damage something vital to you.

For our first day, you will water a plant with a droplet of water. Until you master that, we'll move on to watering trees with large amounts of water. Do you have any questions?" She explains.

I shake my head. "No. I think you have covered everything. I'm ready to start"

"Good" She firmly nods before kneeling on the ground infront of a purple flower. I follow her lead and gently run a finger over the velvety feel of the flower's petal.

"Listen to the water, Venus. Use that sound and focus on the energy flowing within you. In a few seconds, you should feel light and when you do, spread your palm open and focus on leading the power to your palm. If it helps, close your eyes"

I oblige and close my eyes. I listen to the water and focus on the power flowing within me. The buzzing in my body begins and I lead the power to my palm.

"Remember Venus, we only want a droplet of water. Not a bucket" She reminds me.

I nod and focus on a small amount of power buzzing inside me.

"Open your eyes, Venus. You must also see where you need to drop the water"

I slowly peel my eyes open and stare at my palm. Small perspiration has formed but not enough to create a droplet of water.

Being the over excited bitch that I am, I squeal and wave my hand infront of her face.

She gives me a deadpan look and sighs. "Rule number 2, Venus. Never lose focus" She snaps.

My grin drops and a frown replaces it. I turn my hand again and stare in disappointment at the moist palm.

The perspiration gone.