4. Home Alone

"Okay Gray. You sleep on the floor, I'll set your blanket up and then we are going to bed okay?" I tell Gray.

He stares at me and tilts his head to the side as if I'm speaking Spanish. You know, sometimes I think I do Gray.

After laying his fuzzy blanket that matches his dark fur and taking of my blonde wig, I climb in my bed and shut my eyes.

Just as sleep is about to consume me, I hear a whine then a slimy material slide on my face. My eyes snap open and are met with a pair of sad blue ones.

"Gray" I groan and bury my face deeper into the covers but Gray has other plans.

He gently prys the cover of me with his teeth before whining again. I sigh then sit upright.

"What is it boy?" I ask, already running my hand through his fur. He doesn't reply, obviously, but he does leap onto the bed and cuddle next to me.

I realise that he isn't going to sleep on the floor anytime soon so I get back to sleep, hoping he doesn't eat my sleeping form up.

》》

Beeping is the first thing I hear before I hear a low growl of annoyance. Confused, I turn my head around to see what is making that growling noise.

Yesterday's events flash through my brain as soon as I see Gray's obsedian fur. A grin grows on my face when I realise that my favourite creature hasn't eaten me up and because he is laying next to me, just like I've dreamt it to.

I reach over and shut my alarm off before getting up to stretch my body. I yawn and scratch my ass cheek then walk into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Due to me being half asleep, I don't notice Gray climbing of the bed and following me. With difficulty, he graciously walks in and plants his ass on the tiles and stares at me as I brush my teeth.

"Okay, Gray. You need to leave now because I want to take a shower" I tell him after I've spat the water out my mouth.

He barks but doesn't make any move to leave the room. I groan and gently shove him out.

He is super heavy might I add.

I hear him whine and scratch the door after I've shut it and locked it. "I'm sorry. I'll come out in a few minutes" I assure him before stripping and climbing in the shower.

A few minutes later, I walk out the bathroom, nearly stepping on a big ball of fur, with a towel wrapped around my body and my hair.

Gray perks up once he hears me step out the bathroom and starts barking at me. Did I mention that his barks are super loud?

I grin at him and ruffle his hair. I then get dressed in some ripped blue jeans that are baggy and a pink crop top. I pair my outfit with some Nike sneakers then apply a coat of mascara on. I moisten my lips with some sparkly lip gloss and a winged eyeliner.

I put on my wig again and apply some perfume then make my bed. While I do all of this, Gray stares at me, intrigued and would sometimes huff.

He sneezes when my perfume reaches his nose and I giggle. So adorable.

"Come on, boy" I chirp, grabbing my bag and go to the kitchen to make us some breakfast. Gray happily follows with another bark.

I make a dozen pancakes, letting Gray have the rest after I've taken three for myself. He gobbles them up while I sip on my coffee and watch his majestic jaw move.

How can one creature be so beastly and adorable at the same time? Gray does everything with so much pride and confidence that I sometimes think he doesn't even notice.

I open a few windows and switch the tv on to make is seem like there is someone in here. I take out my full chicken from the deep freezer and take out a black bag then place it on the ground near the sun to let the chicken defrost. The black bag will help make sure the floor doesn't get wet.

This should be enough. I won't be gone for long. My class ends at 10 and if the chicken isn't defrosted by then, then I will have to make sure I get something for Gray to eat when I come back. I don't want him to go all rabid on me then tear me up from limb to limb.

I may love Gray to death and feel a special connection to him, I mean that in a non-romantic way, I don't trust him enough to let my guard down. He may be innocent sometimes but I can't help but feel like I should still be a bit cautious with him. He is one of the most dangerous animals in the world.

"Eat that if you feel hungry okay? I will see you when I come back and we can maybe go take a walk" I tell him.

With one last kiss on his snout, I leave and make sure I lock the door behind me.

The drive to campus is filled with me feeling anxious about leaving Gray all alone in my apartment. I don't want him to feel like I'm trapping him or taking away his freedom.

I want him to feel at home. Plus, I'm graduating in two weeks. Adopting a pet was a graduation gift to myself.

I hope he doesn't get pissed at me when I come back home.

Please, Gray. Don't do anything that could cause an apocalypse, I know I'd be the one to blame because I'm the one who set you free and left you unattended.