29. Ringing

I've come to a realisation. Remember that speech Gasorum gave me for the first time? When she told me that I'm the key to the supernatural beings surviving?

Yeah, I am the person the prophecy is going on about. Yes, the person who will be able to save everyone and everything.

I hope I don't sound self centered or egotistical but it makes so much sense. Gasorum had said that I am the key to victory and the prophecy said one person will be able to save everyone.

I know I won't be able to save everyone alone so that's why I've grown my determination in finding proof so we can alert every creature there is.

It's been a whole three weeks and I have yet to find anything. The group of wolves also reported everything being normal but we're still wary. The witches could attack any moment and we won't have that many resources to save the pack. The warriors are strong no doubt but they are no match against spells and shit like that.

It's night time and I'm restless. Gray is a snoring beast next to me, out cold. The whole pack is asleep save for the border patrols and a few wolves patrolling the land. That's all.

I feel like something is going to happen. You know that feeling you get when something bad is about to happen? The nervous flutter in your stomach and the anxiousness that suddenly swarm you? Yeah, that's how I feel right now.

"Gray" I whisper, shaking him awake gently. "Gray wake up"

He groans and mumbles incoherent words before turning his huge body and facing away from me, returning back to his loud snoring.

"Gray" I pinch his firm but and he lets out an 'oww.'

"Yes?" He grumbles, still not facing me.

"Can you feel it?" I ask, keeping my voice a whisper.

"Sleep? Yes, I can really feel it. I'm so glad you've noticed that, babe. Now can I go back to doing just that?" He sarcastically retorts.

He is a real grumpy pants when his sleep gets interrupted.

"No Gray" I groan. "Something is going to happ-" A loud boom resonates through the room, shaking everything.

"What the?" Gray mumbles and climbs off the bed. I climb out too and walk to the window, hoping to see where the explosion came from.

Another explosion happens, this time right infront of us, sending us flying across the room. I land on the ground with a loud thud as my ears ring. My back screams in pain from slamming on the wall with force.

"Gray!!" I yell, though my voice sounds far away.

I cough when I inhale a large chunk of smoke and slowly climb off the floor. "Grayson!!" I yell again.

My coughing increases as fire lights up the room and I cover my nose with Gray's shirt to filter the smoke that now covers the room. I carefully over the broken glass and kneel infront of Gray's limp body.

I shake him and he jolts up. "We need to get out of here!!" He coughs too before getting on his feet. He quickly pulls me out the room, downstairs and out the flaming house.

We cough vigorously when we finally get clean air. I faintly hear the sirens over the ringing in my ear and the crackling of the house.

"Are you okay?" Gray asks, grabbing my face in his dust covered hands and checks me for any injuries.

"Yeah. Are you!?"

"I'm okay!!" We might look like crazy people because we're yelling at each other but it's because I still can't hear properly. I'm sure he can't too.

The firefighters zoom in and quickly climb out the truck and prepare their gear to extinguish the fire.

Two paramedics lead Gray and I to the back of one of the many ambulances and tends to any injuries we didn't know we had.

An hour later, the fire gets extinguished and everybody who was in the pack house during the second explosion were sent to the pack hospital. Including Gray and I.

Gray ordered the nurses to put us in the same room, demanding to see me get the best treatment there is. Such a worrisome.

"How are you feeling?" He asks from his bed. Somehow, the doctors managed to fit two beds in one room and connected them.

"Better. You?" I ask too.

"Good" He answers and gives me a reassuring grin.

Arden, Lauren, Jenni and Chris walk in after a few seconds, concern drawn all over their faces.

"Oh my gosh!" Jenni gasps, rushing to me before engulfing me in her arms.

I whimper when she squeezes my sore body too hard. "Oh sorry. Sorry" She apologises and immediately pulls away.

I smile at her and assure her that's it's okay. Chris follows suit and hugs me but not as tight as Jenni before pulling away.

They move on to greet Gray while his parents greet me, showing their concern and worry.

Lauren and Arden were out for the night to spend some time alone and I feel guilty for cutting their quality time off when it's clear that they've been meaning to have some.

"Oh dear, you look so horrible. The both of you" Lauren comments and I laugh.

"What happened?" Chris asks.

"We don't really know. We woke up and then boom, we're flying across the room with ringing ears" Gray explains.

I would have laughed at his explanation if it wasn't very true. He just woke up and then the next second he was flying across the room.

To me it's different. I was awake for a while and the sinking feeling just grew in the pit of my stomach. Then I woke Gray up and that's when the explosions happened.

A knock halts all discussions and Arden lets out a 'come in.' Gasorum and Ignis walk in with Gasorum craddling a piece of paper in her palm.

"Alpha, Luna" She greets. "Young ones-" She addresses us. "My sisters have disappeared they left this note though" She tells us then hands it to Arden who then reads the letter aloud.

"Dear Wolves and our traitorous sisters.

It is clear now that our intentions were never pure. Yes, another war is brewing and we'll make sure to destroy you peasants. This world will be ours to rule and you will all bow down to us.

To Ignis and Gasorum, you will pay for going against us. We will never forgive you for what you've done. You'll make sure to regret your decision to side with the weaklings.

See you soon.

~Terra, Aquatis"

We're screwed. 

A/N

😂😂😂😂it seems fitting for the witches